1

*How it started*

Amara's POV:

'I gotta get out of here' I thought as I hid behind a tree.

It was the year 2003. Two hundred years after I was turned into a blood sucking monster. More specifically a vampire. I was trying to find shelter as I was being chased by some vampire hunters. I was out in the woods for my nightly feed when the hunters spotted me. I escaped, until one of them shot me with a silver bullet. Luckily, it wasn't my heart. I got hit on the right side of my stomach. I applied pressure against it as I tried to look for a place to hide.

The silver was weakening me. I was all alone. I couldn't heal myself or use my vampire speed to get out of here. I was afraid. Afraid to get caught. Afraid to die. I was just afraid. I was about to give up until I spotted a dull light coming from a small cabin. With all my strength I could muster up. I ran. I ran straight to the cabin. I found that all the windows were locked except one.

"I think I saw her run this way" one hunter said from a distance. "Follow me."

I quickly yet quietly crawled through the window. I fell on the floor and silently grunted in pain.

"Who's there?" I heard a little boy say. I quickly hid myself inside his closet when he turned on his bedside lamp. "It's okay, I won't hurt you" he spoke softly.

"But I might hurt you." I heard some rustling and the window closing shut.

"Whatever you're hiding from. They can't get you now." I looked through the crack of the door and saw the little boy standing in front of it.

"What's your name my little one?"

"My name's Jungkook. What's your name?"

"Nice to meet you Jungkook. My name's Amara." I saw him taking a step closer which caused me to panic. "S-Stay back." I could feel my fangs growing. The last thing I wanted was to take another innocent life.

"It's okay. I don't bite."

'But I do' I thought.

He slowly opened the door and looked up at me, "You're safe now." He gasped when he spotted my stomach. "Y-You're bleeding."

"I'm okay, just stay back. I-I don't want to hurt you."

He tilted his head, "Why would you hurt me?"

I looked away, "Because I'm a monster."

"No, you're not. Monsters are big, ugly, mean, and scary. You're nothing like that. You're small, pretty, and you seem nice." I looked at him in shock.

I stared into his big brown doe eyes, "If only you knew. How old are you?"

He held up six fingers, "I'm six. How old are you?"

I scoffed, "How old do you think I am?" I grabbed a towel that was hanging on the closet door before walking further into the room. I held it up and said, "Do you mind if I use this?"

"Nope" he smiled. "You look young."

"Hmm. That's good because I'm over two hundred years old." I looked down at my stomach. My skin was burning from the bullet.

"That's impossible" he gasped. "You're lying."

"I can assure you, I'm not."

"Prove it" he huffed. I looked at him and smiled. My fangs grow out for him to see.

"Still think I'm not a monster?"

For some reason, I felt comfortable with Jungkook. Like... I could tell him anything. Why did I feel like this? Was it because he's helping me? Is it because of something more? But what more could there be? He's just a little kid. Unaware of the real darkness that lurks through the corners. All I knew was how I felt..... Warm.