Chapter 3: iHop and Walmart

I woke up the next morning at 8, even though I didn’t get to bed until after midnight.  I was still in my clothes from yesterday, which kind of disgusted me; I always needed to be clean.  After having a shower I decided to watch the news until Michael arrived.  When I turned on the local news channel, the first thing I saw was a picture of the girl at the bus stop.  Of course; why didn’t I realize that was probably going to be the talk of the town for the next 3 months?  I was pulled from my thoughts by a soft knocking on my door, so I went to open it.  It was Michael.

            “Hey Michael.  Is it really 11 already?  I can’t believe I’ve been sitting around this room doing nothing for 3 hours.”

            “No it isn’t, its 10:30.  I thought you might want some breakfast, so I stopped by a little earlier than we had planned.  I hope that was okay?”

            “Oh, yeah, no problem!  I was actually just thinking about how hungry I was.  I didn’t have dinner last night.  I guess I was just too busy.”

            “Yeah.  Well we could stop at iHop if you’d like?  Or we could go to Waffle House.  I don’t know which you prefer.”

            I cringed at the mention of Waffle House, which I have taken to calling Awful House, “iHop, definitely iHop.  I can’t stand Waffle House.  The only time I ever went there, I ordered an omelet and asked for it to have peppers in it.  I meant bell peppers, but they put jalapenos in it!  It was nasty.”

            Michael laughed, “Oh, that’s kind of gross.  I’ve never actually been to Waffle House, but I guess with the story you just told me, I won’t be going there any time soon.”

            “That’s a good idea; I’d stay away from it.”

            “So, are you hungry now?  Or did you want to wait until after we stop at Walmart and pick up all the stuff you need?”  Michael asked.

            My stomach growled fiercely, answering his question for me.  I laughed, “I guess I’m hungry enough that my stomach has developed a mind of its own and is answering your questions now.”

            “Alright then, iHop first,” Michael replied with a laugh.

            We got to the iHop at about 11 and I think I pigged out on pancakes, but who can blame me?  I hadn’t eaten since lunch the day before.  We finally finished our breakfast, which ended up being brunch, at noon and headed over to the Walmart.

            “I think I can find everything that I need, so you don’t have to come with me if you don’t want to.  I’m sure you could find something better to look at than women’s clothes and feminine hygiene products,” I told Michael.

            He laughed and said, “Yeah, I actually do need some more office supplies for work and some coffee and creamer for at home.  How long do you think you’ll be?  I can meet you in the McDonalds that is up front in half an hour if you think that’ll be enough time.”

            “Yeah, that will be plenty of time.  I’m not one of those girls who spend 3 hours trying clothes on.  Go get your apparently much needed coffee,” I said.

            Michael just laughed and walked away towards the grocery area of the store as I turned and went to the women’s clothes department.  I found a really cute summer dress that fit me perfectly, a pair of denim shorts and a couple shirts and pairs of underwear.  I turned to go find where I could get a toothbrush, some toothpaste and some mouthwash when I was pushed into one of the dressing rooms by someone who was much stronger than me.

            As I got my thoughts together and regained my balance, I noticed that my attacker was standing right in front of me, looking at me like I was some kind of disgusting mess of dog crap that he had found stuck to the bottom of his shoe.  I DID take a shower this morning didn’t I?

            “If you say a word about this to anyone, especially your little policeman boyfriend, you’re going to regret it,” he hissed at me.

            “Boyfriend?  Oh, no, he’s not my boyfr. . .”

            He clasped his hand over my mouth and pushed me into the wall.  “SHUT UP!  I don’t need you talking, I’m the one who’s here to inform you that you’ve done something really wrong.  You’ve befriended the wrong people Christopher, you sure have.  That was pretty dumb of you girl.”

            “I. . .”

            “I said SHUT UP!  I’m going now, but before I do, I need you to know, we’re watching you.  Make one wrong move and you’re not going to be happy,” he said.   He then pulled me away from the corner that he had pushed me into and looked me in the eye.  “Not one word about our little meeting here, you understand girl?”

            I nodded vigorously.  He pushed me away so hard that I lost my balance and fell against the wall.  I couldn’t regain my balance and I fell and hit my head on the bench that was anchored to the wall.   I felt a sharp pain cut through my skull and I saw my attacker smirk, then everything went black for the second time in 2 days.

A/N:  O:  What?!  Who the heck was that?  I know, that's what's running through your cute little brains right now.  Don't worry, the next chapter should be up soon. (:  Don't you just love cliffhangers?  Dedicated to @1D_fanficsxxx because I know how much she loves mee <3 :D