Chapter Six - Calm In The Chaos

Day 8

Tanjiro's pov

"Muichiro, if I take these handcuffs.. will you promise me not to run away?" I asked softly, staring into Muichiro's eyes, wanting to rebuild his trust after what I have done to him. Muichiro looked at his bruised wrists, nodding a little "I promise.." he mumbles quietly.

I nodded and unlocked the handcuffs, taking them off slowly and putting them at the table next to me. Muichiro shakily looked at his wrists once again, smiling softly "th..thank you.." he said, tears slowly welling up in his eyes.

I smiled and leaned down, placing a small kiss on his forehead which stunned him a little. "Is there anything you'd like me to buy? I'll go to a store in a bit" I said, knowing this will be a chance to test his loyalty.

He shook his head a little. I gave him a small nod, turning away and grabbing my coat "I'll be back in like two hours, do you remember the rules?" I asked and he nodded once again.

"Stay in the living room.. only allowed to watch tv and read.. or draw.. ehm.. I am not allowed to go anywhere else besides the bathroom.." he mumbles and I nodded "good, glad you remember"

Muichiro's pov

I watched Tanjiro leave the house, hearing him lock the door behind himself. I sighed and sat down on a couch, knowing I have to try to run away but wait a whilr so I am sure that Tanjiro did leave and didn't just act.

Once some time passed, I quickly stood up and ran to the door first, trying to open it with any way possible but it seemed impossible. I began to panic, search through drawers and tried every key I found but nothing worked.. just.. nothing..

I grabbed a knife and pushed in between the door and a wall in hopes of it opening the door somehow but no.. nothing worked..

I dropped on the floor, hugging my knees and sobbing into them, sobs wrecking my body uncontrollably. I felt so helpless, so trapped and controlled in this house it felt horrible, everything was si overwhelminh.. but not so much as at home..

I wanted to escape from here but.. do I actually..? I don't.. want to go back home.. I don't want to get best up every single fucking day for every stupid thing I do!

Where would I go.. what wound I do.. is someone even looking for me.. did my parents even notice I was gone..

Those questions circled my mind since the first day Tanjiro has taken me here and they were just getting louder and louder.

My parents were abusive, showed no love and only hatred.. while Tanjiro.. does love me just.. has issues controlling himself..

I sighed and stood up, hiding the knife and laying down on a couch, watching the sand channel four days in a row.

I wasn't allowed to have my phone because he didn't trust me with it, knowing that I would try to call police.

I hugged my pillow and closed my eyes, thinking of the time my family used to be happy, when Yuichiro was still alive.. when everything was just.. perfect.

...

I woke up not too long after, feeling a hand stroking my long hair, making me realize that Tanjiro has came home. "You're finally awake" he said with a gentle smile. I only have him a small nod, hoping he doesn't find out about what I was trying to do.