Chapter 1: Everyday Life

The water drips slowly down the sides of the building , few would ever notice this. I was one of those few. I stood there quietly and watched as the water slowly hit the ground into the puddle forming below it. People bumped into me and in response "sorry, excuse me. " from my quiet voice was spoken . They didn't bother to notice me, or even say "it's , alright." And they continued walking along their path.
It didn't bother me though, I wasn't the type to be notice . Maybe once in a few years but only once. Like a comet that passes every few hundred years, yeah I was like a comet. Only staying for a short time and returning a few years later. What else could I be?
I started walking down the street, my hands in my jean pockets , and my shallow breathing in the cold. I could see my breath, I almost felt real. Though I never knew what real was or even if you could feel real. I shook my head at the thought , even if there was something like feeling real, it would never happen to me. I continued walking.
Where was I going ? Somewhere and no where. I was in a place between , or something like that. I turned left past a small shop that sold little trinkets . Like music boxes, or glass figures. I've only been inside the store once, I probably wouldn't be able to get back in.
Something about this was easy, you couldn't really get caught with things unless you were near a child. Because they could only see you, the others don't . Some of them though will remember us and we will notice us for a quick second. But only a second, not much really. I would never change, yes I get older but I would never change.
My dark gold eyes and my light blue hair, spiked up in the back. The jacket unzipped with a grey t-shirt paired with the jeans and sneakers, I've always worn. I never changed , change my clothes from what they were. Yes I would wash them, but it was always the same outfit. Unless someone told me different . I had no other look and this is how it always was. This was everyday life...

I looked around and waved at another person who seemed to be slightly confused but waved back. He or she was new into the world and wouldn't know their purpose till later. My purpose , was found long ago, it was easy to say actually. Just being there for someone when they needed a playmate or were very lonely. That is what I was and still am, I'm the imaginary friend.
Those who believe in the unknown , or have a childlike lifestyle, know who we are. Imaginary friend, now to older people would seem laughable . The truth was, we did exist, but only in the hearts of children. We only would be notice till either the child was no longer a child or stopped believing. There were some Imaginary friends that would scare the children or hurt them, these weren't imaginary friends, these were nightmares. Living nightmares.. I had never encounter one with the child I took care of.
To think a child could have so much power seemed really stupid to the adults. They would do everything to stop the child or try to rid the child of their imagination. Very few still have their imagination but its only use is in their dreams or how they interact. But that's how it was, you could say Imaginary Friends business was going bad. I still though existed and so did the others, we were there but we were no longer needed for the child we once cared for.
The children each different, with different families and different looks. All different personalities, but each had a kind heart. Even if they seemed like they were mean, it was only what had happen at their home. These children , were born everyday, and so were Imaginary Friends, but differently. They appear into the world, once a child grows it first baby tooth is when an Imaginary Friend is born. The time with the kids was great as well, it would make you feel happier while watching them smile .
That was then and that is now. I though haven't had a child choose me in a long time. I don't blame them with a name like Iser. It would sound really weird, and I don't even have a human skin color, I have purple skin. PURPLE! Though that is how I was made, or Imagined. At least the last kid who chose me didn't care, she was a sweet little girl but had a very sad ending. I remembered her named though, it was Arina . Arina Lost.