18. Status Report

The bots opened the door to the medical bay, and Blades' optics widened as he looked at the empty berth, though the cuffs remained locked and undamaged. "What- Where'd you go?" He asked.

Heatwave's holoform disappeared, and then they heard his weary voice speak again from the other side of the berth, between it and the wall. "Down here...!"

Blades walked around the corner and then covered his mouth with a gasp that evolved into a giggle. "Oh Primus...! Heatwave-"

"Come on, Blades... I said not to laugh...!"

"I'm sorry, but I can't help it...!"

The others approached and saw what had the medic giggling and the firebot complaining. Kade's eyes were wide, "Heatwave, you... Melted!"

The firebot barely resembled himself other than color and voice at this point. Just like the disjointed form Blades had manifested during his absence, Heatwave appeared to have melted into a semi-liquid form, a mass of red and gray material that was continually spreading and congealing in on itself. His optics were a vibrant green with white pupils, which were rolled back as he groaned and scrubbed at his face. "I know, I know...!"

"What happened?"

"I don't know...! I woke up with a start and then... Just slid off of the berth like a glob of Squilsh...! And I don't know how to pull myself back together, so I just projected my holoform instead."

Blades bent down, reaching out slowly to try and touch his older brothers' shoulder. "I'm sure we'll figure out how to-gasp!"

An orange aura formed around the copter as he made physical contact with Heatwave, his optics shifting to all white, and then as it seemed to spread to Heatwave, it shifted into red. The firebot shuddered, closing his optics and clenching his teeth, but after a few seconds, the squishy glob of mosaic reformed himself, taking on his normal form, though as his optics opened once more, his optics remained the same color.

"Whoa...!" Heatwave stood up onto his pedes again with Blades' help, "Okay... That was weird... What did you do?"

Blades put a hand to his temple and rubbed it for a moment, but then shrugged. "Recharged you, I guess...?"

"Hmm..." Heatwave twisted his torso a bit as he stretched, "Augh... That still didn't get rid of the stiffness... How long was I out?"

"...Too long." Boulder admitted, "I'll introduce you to the Sodorians later. They've been worried about you too."

"Right... Blades, stop that. I'm fine."

"Heatwave, you just came out of a coma a few minutes ago after being stabbed through the abdomen as a pile of goop! Humor me and my medical expertise for a moment..." Blades ran the scanner over his older brother, "...Okay, okay. Vitals are coming back into normal ranges... Good. Your energon's still a little low after all that healing. Stay here while I get you some from the stockroom. Boulder, do not let him leave the room."

Heatwave shook his helm in confusion, and Boulder sighed. "Sorry, we've been through a lot while you were out."

"I suppose you have... I'll want to hear about it later... Oh Primus. Slipchain! Where's-"

"Heatwave...!"

Heatwave looked to see the femme standing in the doorway, her frame beginning to tremble. "Slipchain, you're alright! Thank Primus, I was-"

Quickshadow rushed over, wrapping her arms around his neck as she shook with stifled sobs. Heatwave hugged her back, though clearly very confused at her reaction. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry...!" she gasped, "I should've... I didn't mean to-"