Chapter 5

I got ready that night and I was on my way to Jamie's. I still hadn't been able to shake the guilty feeling that had all of a sudden come over me. All I could think about was what I had done to Alex and if he was okay.

I walked up to Jamie's apartment and knocked before she quickly let me in.

"Hi," she said with a smile, giving me a kiss on the lips.

"Hey," I said quietly.

I looked over at the table and was impressed with the spread she already had laid out.

"Wow, you really went all out," I said.

Jamie shrugged and walked over to the table, "I like to cook, and I had to make sure to impress you." She smirked and then motioned for me to sit down.

"Do you want a glass of wine?" She asked, "always goes well with pasta."

"Sure I'll have one," I responded.

Jamie poured me a glass and brought it over before sitting down at the table across from me. I could feel her gaze as I sat there looking down at my food.

"Cas are you okay? You seem kind of quiet," Jamie asked.

I looked up at her and nodded, "yeah, sorry I'm just tired tonight I guess."

I couldn't bring myself to tell her how I was really feeling quite yet. I really needed to figure my shit out.

"Okay," Jamie said hesitantly, "just making sure."

"So Sophie decided to put something online to try and find a random roommate," I said, trying my best to change the subject.

Jamie raised an eyebrow, "that sounds sketchy."

"That's what I tried to tell her! I wouldn't want a stranger moving in with me...but she claims she's going to be careful," I said.

"I guess it could be okay, but I'd still be nervous," Jamie said as she took a sip of wine.

"Me too, especially since Sophie seems to be making her choice based on who's the hottest."

Jamie covered her mouth and laughed, "that sounds about right," she said with a nod.

"I told her she might end up with a hot serial killer but we'll see."

Jamie laughed and shook her head as she stood up from the table. "Here, let me grab your plate."

"You know, I can help, you don't have to do everything," I said with a smile, grabbing more dishes off the table and following her to the kitchen.

Jamie turned to me and grabbed the dishes out of my hands. "No I need you to have plenty of energy for dessert," she said with a smirk.

"Energy for dessert? Why would I need - ohhh" I shook my head at her and laughed, "you're terrible."

Jamie shrugged and stepped closer to me, "you know I can't help it."

She snaked her arm around my back and pulled me against her. Our bodies pressed together as she leaned in and kissed me.

I put my hand on the back of her neck as the kiss deepened. Before I knew what was happening, Jamie abruptly pulled back.