Chapter 17

*Cas

The morning after Jamie had asked me to be her girlfriend, I woke up next to her in her bed. Usually this wasn't something that would seem like a big deal to me, but after all the shit we'd been through, it felt like a pretty important milestone.

She was facing me in bed and I carefully moved closer to her and gently kissed her lips. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled when she saw me next to her.

"I have to go get ready for work," I said quietly.

Jamie groaned and moved over to wrap her arms around me.

"Don't leave me," she said jokingly.

"I wish I didn't have to," I said with a yawn, "I could definitely stay here a while."

I was getting ready to get out of bed and my phone went off. I grabbed it to check it and it was a text message from Sophie.

"Can you and Jamie come for dinner tonight? Riley wants to clear everything up...hopefully."

I looked over at Jamie after reading the text.

"What?" She asked.

"Sophie just asked if we would come for dinner tonight so we could all clear everything up," I said.

Jamie propped herself up on her elbow and looked at me, seemingly deciding if she wanted to agree to this or not.

"I don't know Cas, I'm not sure that's a good idea," she said.

"Maybe we can just go and hear her out?" I said as I trailed my fingertips along Jamie's arm.

"Don't try to distract me in to saying yes," she said with a smirk.

"Hey I'm totally not trying to do that!" I quickly said.

"But seriously," I continued, "don't you think we could go and at least try to talk things out? I know it would mean a lot to Sophie."

Jamie sighed, "I guess so, but it still makes me nervous."

"I know, me too, but maybe this will help." I leaned in and gave Jamie a quick kiss before finally getting out of bed to get ready.

A while later, I was on my way out the door while Jamie was in the kitchen making her coffee for work.

"I'll tell Sophie we'll be there tonight!" I said, giving her a quick smile before I shut the door behind me.

The look she gave me didn't indicate she was all that happy about going, but at least she had agreed to try.

That night after work, I called Jamie to see if I could pick her up on my way over to Sophie's.

"If you're sure you want to go," she said with a sigh.

"I am," I said, "well I guess I shouldn't really say I want to go, but I really think we should.

"I don't know why," Jamie said, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Jamie come on," I said, "Sophie is my best friend and she wants us to smooth things out with Riley. I'm over at her house enough I think that's fair."

"Alright," Jamie said, still not sounding thrilled. "I'll be ready to go in a few."

"See you soon," I said.

A few minutes later I pulled up to Jamie's apartment and waited for her to come out. She came and got into the car and definitely look very happy.

"Thanks for doing this," I said once she sat down. "I know it's not easy for you."