Chapter 1

TATES POV

While I was making my way to fourth period class, I noticed the new girl, Violet. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Violet looked perfect with her black skinny jeans and long brown hair. I could stare at her all day---except I couldn't, the bell just rang for fourth period, so I have to hurry to class.

As soon as I sat down in the back of the classroom, Mr. Smith announced, "Today, a new student will be joining us! So give a warm welcome to Miss. Harmon!"

Violet whispered to the class, "Hi, I'm Violet."

Mr. Smith pointed out to Violet that there was an empty desk in the back next to mine, and that got me excited. I will get the chance to talk to the most beautiful girl in the world.

Violet started walking towards the back of the class, where I was sitting, and took a seat next to me.

"I'm Tate," I said, "But you can call me anytime."

Violet just grinned at me and replied softly, "I'm Violet."

VIOLETS POV

"Okay, Miss. Harmon! I think you are ready for class now," the principal exclaimed.

"Ok," I mumbled under my breath.

Honestly, I did not want to be here. In public school, everyone is rude. I have never met anyone who smiled at me in the hallway, or even said hi, at my old school. The bell rang for fourth period and I thought there was no need to rush, so I took my time to get to the classroom.

I looked down at my schedule and under fourth block, it read 'Mr. Smith Room 201.' I looked at the room numbers on the doors, and on the nearest one it said 'Mr. Smith Room 201.' How convenient, it's right here. I braced myself, and twisted the door handle to the classroom.

As soon as I walked in, Mr. Smith announced, "Today, a new student will be joining us! Give a warm welcome to Miss. Harmon!"

I didn't know what to do so I just mumbled "Hi, I'm Violet."

Mr. Smith pointed me in the direction of a empty seat in the back of the classroom, next to some boy. He had messy blonde hair, black skinny jeans, and a 'The Ramones' t-shirt on. He was really cute, plus he was wearing a shirt that had one of my favorite bands on it.

I made my way towards the back of the classroom, and took a seat next to him.

He turned to me and said, "I'm Tate, but you can call me anytime."

Did he really just say that to me? I could feel heat rising to my cheeks and I blushed.

I just smiled and replied, "I'm Violet."

Everytime I looked over, he was staring at me. Why would someone so attractive want to look at someone like me? I can't even bare to look at myself, how could someone else?

Time flew by fast until it was time to go home. I just decided to walk since my house was around the corner. As I was getting my book bag so I could go home, someone tapped on my shoulder unexpectedly. I turned to see who it was and standing in front of me was Tate. God, he was so cute.

"Hey Violet. Can I walk you home?" Tate asked.

I just replied simply, "Sure, thanks."