4.

Laurel and Cordelia's mother showed the officers out "Officers, thank you. It won't happen again, I can promise you that much." Laurel said. 

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tee time when he gets back in town." the officer said. Cordelia's mother nodded "Absolutely. Sorry again for all the trouble. Have a good night, Officers." 

Once the door was closed Laurel turned to the group. Conrad was so dunk he was sat down while Belly stood next to Jere and Cordelia leaned into Stevens shoulder almost falling asleep standing up. "How could you guys be so irresponsible?" she asked. 

"Mom, it wasn't a big deal. All right?" Steven said calmly hoping his mother would calm down. No one wanted to have an argument on the first night.  

"Seriously." Cordelia's mom said sighing putting a hand on her head.  "The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire." Steven explained.  

"Not a big deal?" Laurel asked rhetorically "Yes. I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal, Steven." 

She suddenly sniffed the air and scoffed "Were-were you guys, you guys smoking tonight?" 

"What?" the group gasped.  

"Keep your voice down." Cordelia's mom ushered "Susannah's asleep on the couch." she reminded Laurel.  

Steven shook his head in annoyance "Well, I wasn't yelling. Well, you-you-you were." 

Jeremiah jumped in quickly "Just so you know, Laurel, I-I didn't drink tonight. I was the DD, I swear." he said trying to calm the situation down and save his own skill. Cordelia went to walk towards him but tripped and Jere had to catch her and pull her into him.  

The parents rounded onto Conrad next "You're the oldest. What the hell's gotten into you?" they got no answer and moved onto Belly. "And when did you leave the house without telling anybody? And what in the world are you wearing?" Laurel asked her daughter.  

"It's Taylor's." Belly said "And why am I the only one who's not allowed to go out?"

Laurel shook her head "It's not that you're not allowed, it's that you should have told us you were going. How did you even get there?" 

"I walked." Belly muttered. Scoffing Laurel scolded "Jesus. You know better than to walk that far down the beach alone late at night."

"Can you stop treating me like a kid?" Belly said sternly folding her arms across her chest.  

"If you want to be treated like an adult, you need to act like one." Laurel lectured. A drunk Conrad mumbled "Then maybe you guys should, too."

"What does that mean?" Laurel asked him confused but Conrad closed his eyes and didn't try to respond.  

Cordelia's mother shook her head and pointed at them all "I hope you realize this night could have ended a lot differently if your family wasn't your family."

"We're sorry." Cordelia said on the verge of collapse. Laurel sighed at Cordelia's state "Just... go to bed, guys."

"Come on Cordy" Jeremiah said helping her shuffle half-asleep up the stairs. 

When they got to Cordelia's room he helped tuck her into bed "Night Cordy" She just mumbled in response and Jere laughed to himself, they were definitely going to have an interesting summer.