𝐢𝐢𝐢. suspicions and skepticisms

STAR CROSSED
*ೃ chapter iii .ೃ

╔═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╗

*           ═╗

╚═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╝

⋆·˚ ༘ * ⸻ act one‧₊˚
- ̥۪͙۪˚ part one - the girl who was never suppose to live ˚ ̥۪͙۪◌
.。*゚+.*.‧͙⁺˚*
˚ i might have been dead
october 31st, 1991
────────────────────────────────

A FEW WEEKS AFTER THE THREE HEADED DOG INCIDENT, HARRY, RON, HERMIONE AND I SAT IN PROFESSOR FLITWICK'S CHARMS CLASS. I had grown to love Hogwarts; Harry and Hermione had become two of my best friends although Hermione didn't get along with Ron very well.

Flitwick was very short, barely reaching three feet, so he stood on a pile of books to make up for his stature. Even though I had only taken a few classes with him, I liked the man.

In front of us we each had a feather. "One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, or the ability to make objects fly." Professor Flitwick explained, "Uh, do you have your feathers?" Everyone nodded, "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing. Hmm? The swish and flick." He demonstrated. "Everyone."

"The swish and flick." The class repeated.

"Good. Oh, and enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go, then." Everyone began practicing. Even after a few tries, I could only get my feather to float a few centimeters before it fell back down again.

From beside me Ron said, "Wingardium Levio-saaa." When the spell didn't work, he began flipping his wand around wildly in frustration.

"No, stop, stop, stop! You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levio-o-sa, not Leviosar." She corrected him.

"You do it, then, if you're so clever. Go on, go on." Ron huffed.

"Wingardium Leviosa." And her feather began levitating.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone, Miss Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" Flitwick complimented her.

A few seats away, Seamus attempted to do the spell but instead of his feather levitating, it exploded, leaving his face covered in ash. "I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Harry pointed to Seamus, and I laughed. Harry turned and grinned at me.