Chapter 25: A Call from Home

One sunny afternoon, as Jay was taking a break from his musical endeavors, his phone rang, and the caller ID displayed "Mom." He smiled, recognizing the number and feeling a sense of warmth and nostalgia.

"Hello, Mom," Jay greeted, his voice filled with affection.

His mother's voice on the other end was equally warm and familiar. "Jay, it's so good to hear your voice. How have you been, my dear?"

Jay caught his mother up on his recent activities, sharing his musical projects, his time with Lily, and the news of Serena's shooting schedule in Amsterdam. His mother listened intently, her maternal concern and pride evident in her voice.

After a while, Jay asked, "How about you, Mom? How's everything back home?"

His mother's tone turned a bit more serious, and she hesitated before speaking. "Jay, there's something I wanted to talk to you about. Your father and I have been going through some health concerns lately, and we think it's best for me to come visit you soon."

Concern welled up in Jay's heart as he listened to his mother's words. He knew how close he was to his parents and that they had always supported his musical journey. "Mom, of course. I want you to be here with me. We'll get through this together."

Over the next few weeks, Jay made arrangements for his mother's visit, and they eagerly awaited her arrival. The news of his parents' health concerns had brought a new layer of responsibility and concern into his life, but he was determined to be there for his family just as they had been there for him throughout his musical journey.