Chapter 28: Keeping a Painful Secret

Jay, burdened by the heartbreaking news about his father's prognosis, made the difficult decision to keep the matter from Serena. He knew that Serena was already dealing with the demands of her shooting schedule in Amsterdam, and he didn't want to add to her worries during this crucial time in her career.

In the evenings, as they continued to talk over video calls, Jay put on a brave face and focused on being supportive and encouraging. He didn't want Serena to sense the sadness and pain that weighed heavily on his heart.

Their conversations were filled with laughter, music, and expressions of love. Jay shared his excitement about the music he was composing with Lily, and Serena spoke about the challenges and triumphs of her acting journey in Amsterdam. They drew strength from each other, and Serena's unwavering support was a source of comfort for Jay.

As the days turned into weeks, Jay found solace in their love and didn't want to overshadow Serena's success and happiness with the burden of his family's situation. He believed that he could carry this pain on his own, sparing Serena from the heartache that had befallen his family.

The decision was a heavy one, but Jay was willing to endure the emotional weight of his secret to protect Serena's dreams and aspirations. He knew that their love was powerful enough to overcome the challenges that lay ahead, and he remained determined to be her unwavering support, even if it meant bearing the pain in silence.