Chapter 16

|Revised Chapter|

|Revised Chapter|

3rd POV

Kali casually strolled into the loft, her unattractively long toenails scraping against the concrete. A sinister smirk was on her face, her wide brown eyes looking around until she connected with Derek.  "I'm going to be honest Derek, when Ennis died, I thought to myself I'd just go for it. Find you and kill you wherever you stood," Kali walked down the stairs and into the water. "Then, I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them and I thought, what's a girl got to do to get you alone?" The only female alpha looked back towards the door to see Aiden and Ethan holding Ms. Blake hostage.

"Gross, you're banging my English teacher," Layla muttered in disgust under her breath. Derek ignored her comment, but Isaac gave his girlfriend a sharp look, shutting her up.

"You and me Derek, or they tear her apart. What do you say? Think you can beat me one-on-one?" With a single flick of his head, a gesture for his beta's to move away from the fight. Even if they wanted to defy his orders they couldn't, the urge for them to follow their alpha's instructions much stronger than anything else.

Derek shifted, his claws coming out with a loud slice. "I'm going to rip your throat out, with my teeth."

Swipes were made, and dodges happened in return. The only sound heard was the growls of the alphas, the sloshing water, and the sobbing of the teacher being held hostage. A particularly painful slash was made on Derek's side. "Derek!" Jennifer Blake screeched, her high pitched yell going straight to their heightened hearing.

Everyone watched as Derek was thrown into the two inch deep water, Kali's foot kicking him in the face. "Derek!" Jennifer screeched again, sending Isaac to run in her direction.

"No!" Derek shouted at his beta.

"Wait," Layla checked her phone that buzzed. She signaled Isaac to go get Jennifer, Boyd trying to follow behind, but he was too slow and his body was stuck in the electrified water.

The shocks flowed through his body all through his veins, crippling the muscular teen to his knees. "Take him!" Kali snarled as she finally was able to stand the charge. Boyd could feel her drag his body up and pull him over to Derek whose arms were being held in the air by the twins.

He tried to fight, but the current was still surging through his body and he couldn't do anything to stop it when he was dropped onto Derek's unleashed claws.

"No!" Layla screamed, making an attempt to run forward, but she was held back by Isaac.

Boys let out a shrill sound, his breath being taken away at the unimaginable pain that had spread through both sides of his midsection. His thoughts were scrambled and by time he was dropped to the wet ground carelessly, he couldn't keep up with what was going on.

Kali stared at his body is disgust, pushing her wet hair from her face as she and the twins started walking away. Layla pushed past Aiden, sending him a look off disappointment and anger that sent his head down in shame. She fell to the ground beside Boyd, her shaky hands trying to stop the bleeding but there was already so much blood that she wasn't sure if it would even help.

Kali turned her head back to face Derek. "I'm giving you to the next full moon. Make the smart choice, join the pack or next time I'm killing all of you."

Ethan and Kali left, but Aiden lingered. "Layla, I'm—"

"Save it. Get out, Aiden or I'll kill you."

"Layla—"

"I hate you!" Aiden seemed to deflate a little, leaving quietly without another word. "No, no, no. Boyd, its okay. Alright, your going to be okay? I'll just get a needle and some thread and we can see you right up. Good as new, okay?"

"It's okay." He breathed out, the pain slowly fading as each new part of his body started to numb. "It's okay, Derek."

"I-I'm sorry," Derek whispered, a tear strolling down his cheek, or maybe it was a drop of water from his hair.

"The full moon, that feeling it was worth it. Did you know it was a lunar eclipse, I always wondered what that felt like for a werewolf." He'd remembered when Erica asked had asked what he thought the lunar eclipse would feel like. She hoped that it would make us stronger, she died hoping that it would make us stronger.

And it did.

--------------

Short chapter I know, but the next chapter is kind of important and it has a lot of Laydin (Layla and Aiden's designated ship name). I'm super excited to write it so that chapter will hopefully make up for this short one.

Please heart!

Comment!

And keep reading.

Love you!!

~CeCe