Chapter 3b: 17

|Revised Chapter|

|Revised Chapter|

3rd POV

Stiles was trapped in the dark, cold space, his foot bleeding and his body so cold that his toes were turning numb. His phone had died minutes ago and he'd tried pulling the trap off his foot, but the sharp metal teeth showed no signs of opening anytime soon.

The bandaged figure walked around Stiles, it's dark and raggedy clothing dragging against the floor. "Who are you!" Stiles yelled, the fear of the unknown toying with his already fragile mind.

The man began talking in Japanese, restricting the teenage boy of explanation. "What?" When he continued to talk in the foreign tongue, Stiles leaned over his legs, trying to revive some form of heat to his chilled body. "I don't understand."

"Not who are you, Stiles," He corrected, his voice now speaking in clear English. "Who are we? It's getting colder Stiles, did you notice that we stopped shivering?" His words slurred, sounding as if his teeth were much too big or not there at all. "Do you know why that's a bad sign?"

"It's the body turning off," Stiles choked out. "–conserve energy. It was my fifth-grade science report. Hypothermia."

"Our speech is starting to thicken, then comes fatigue, confusion," As if on cue, Stiles' whiskey colored eyes began shutting slowly. "We're going to die if we don't come out of here."

Now finally realizing how the man was talking, how he was referring to them as one. "Stop. Stop saying we."

Ignoring his request, the bandaged body continued to slur his words. "We're trying to keep you from freezing to death. You better get out Stiles."

"How? There's a freaking steel draw trap on my leg."

The man stepped forward to Stiles, his teeth sharp and pointy, they had a silvery look to them. "Is there?" Stiles let a sob pass his chapped lips. "There's something different, it was on your right leg before, wasn't it?"

"No," Stiles whimpered, pushing his quickly shutting down brain to work and remember if what the man was saying was true.

"Are you sure?"

Stiles looked down at his feet, his right one now being held by the trap instead of the left one. "What is this? What are you doing?"

"We're trying to save you Stiles. We're trying to save your life.

----

Layla went back to the police station with Parrish, leaving Scott with Aiden and Lydia. They were going to Eichen House because Lydia said she heard the voices whisper to her that's where he was.