|| our special day -pt.2- || Mattheo Riddle x y/n ||

We get there and I sit on the grass, y/n stays there, looking at me
M:”what is it?”
Y/n:”Nothing..” she says as she adjusts her dress.
I chuckle after reading her mind, take off my jacket and lay it in the grass.
M:”C’mon, now sit with me darling”
She whispers “thank you” smiles and sits down.
We stay there for a while, looking at the sky in silence then she reaches for my hand and I feel the same warm and cozy feeling I felt the first time I looked at her.. It's dark but can still see her smile as she looks up at the stars.. she look so.. peaceful..
M:"y/n.." I say in a whisper to not disturb the silence of the night
Y/n:"mhmm?" She hums, still looking up
M:"I'd like you to have a little something.."
She turns around curious as I take a small box out of my pocket
M:"it's.. it's not much- I mean I could have got you more but.. you said you didn't want anything so I thought that to stay minimal was the best option so.." I hand her the box
M:"here you go love.. I really hope you like it.."
Y/n:"you didn't have to.. but thank you" she smiles and, as she takes her wand out, she says "Lumos" to create a small light to see better. She starts to unwrap the box and then opens it. Here mouth drops right open and her eyes goes wide as sees the gift: it's a silver ring, really simple but still stunning.
Y/n:"oh Merlin.. Mattheo what- I-I don't even know what to say.."
M:"look inside of it" I say with a soft smile.
She takes out the ring and notice a small engraving: "18-11-2005 'y/i'. ~ M.R." (y/i = your initials)
Y/n:"It's the day we got together.."
M:"mhm" I nod my head and smile.
She pulls me closer, hugs me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
Y/n:"I love you so much Mattie.. Thank you, I'll never take it off" she says with love in her eyes. I chuckle and kiss her forehead.
M:"I love you too princess" I make two blankets appear and put one on the grass.
M:"wanna lay down with me?"
I say with a smile as I lay on the soft blanket. She joins me soon after and I cover ourselves with the other sheet. We continue to watch the start, this time cuddling (<3 :D).

(Little fun fact by me: Mattheo has a silver ring like y/n's - in a 'man style' - with an engraving that says "24-10-2004  M.R. ~ 'y/i' "  - the date of the day he first fell in love with her -and yes, he waited a year for y/n.)