Last Chapter: Turning Tide

A torrential rain unceasing, drenched Dumbledore's Island. The smell of the foliage was raw and utterly lush. Ciaran stepped up its mud-line with Harry in his arms. Guiding him was the white of Dumbledore's grave. It shone like starlight under the fleeting might of the moon. Ciaran eased out his wand as to not have Harry touch the ground. And with a wave of his wand, Ciaran said,"Seorsum."
His wand flickered, nothing more. Leaving him to lower Harry on some shrubs and peel apart Dumbledore's grave with his own bare hands. All was revealed underneath. Dumbledore's body was as pristine as the day it was laid to rest. And next to the master, was laid the student, Harry. And in Dumbledore's hands Ciaran rested the Elder Wand. For once, and for all. "What now?" Ciaran huffed. His eyes turned to the warm red beaming over the horizon. "Bastard!" A voice echoed. Ciaran turned to see Albus. The boy's drawn wand was his father's, fixed as if never broken. Ollivanders' work, surely."I knew you would be here!" Albus raged, "Where else would a power-monger be?! Get up! Stand and face me like a real wizard!"
"If you insist." Ciaran said tiredly, taking to his feet and drawing his wand, which looked to find its strength again. The grave was between them after Ciaran stood a few paces back, "You're like your father, Albus."
"And you?" Albus asked.
"One might wish." Ciaran muttered. A long silence enveloped the two. Broken by morning's bell softly echoing across the water from Hogwarts. And by bell's end, it happened.
"ABRACADABRA!-AVADA KEDAVRA!"
The two shouted In unison. Great and terrible lights bursts across the Island. The reflection on the water looked to lick all In green and black fire. But still, and even now, Ciaran's power was all encompassing. Albus was driven to his knees. Yet, he resisted when all seemed said and done. But he found his feet once more, as others now stood with him. Bursting through the bushes came his siblings, James and Lily Potter.
"Albus, there you are!" Lily said in relief.
"What did I tell you about rushing ahead, little brother?" James said, with a confident smirk.
Their wands were already drawn and entwined within Albus' own. Now becoming a battle of strength and will. Might over magic, almost.
"Let's finish this, together!" Albus said.
"For mum!" James said.
"For dad!" Lily said.
"FOR EVERYONE!" Albus said.
Ciaran's spell whittled back. A draw between duellists looked to be made from his apathy. All stuck still over the grave. Everything was unmoving. Until suddenly, a mist-like visage of Tom Riddle looked to form behind the trio. It stared straight at Ciaran. Ciaran's spell found new favour and jutted towards the trio. All looked lost. Albus stood forward. As if ready to take a blow for his brother and sister. Until a touch from soft hands so tender embraced Ciaran's shoulders. A look behind revealed the ghostly figure of Vanessa. Upon her appearance, the look of Tom Riddle diminished like the memory of a nightmare upon morning's wake. Walking away as if to leave Ciaran behind, again. Through Vanessa shone entwined beams of the rising sun and setting moon, "It's alright now, Ciaran." She said with a tearful smile, "You don't have to fight anymore. It's all done. Please, come with me. Go where we can follow the sunshine together."
Ciaran's spell waned to nothing. His wand lowered. Confusion struck the trio more than anything else. Their spells stopped. "Oh," Ciaran muttered to himself, taking a long breath of the cold air. It never felt so peaceful. Now Ciaran noticed the soft sloshing of waves, and the birdsong in the sky, and the gentle wind amongst the trees and grass, "I get It now... ABRACADABRA!"
Ciaran's spell struck the trio, but he forced a rebound back to himself. Ciaran dropped his wand and stood upright, extending his chest and arms wide open. Abracadabra hit Ciaran and sent him flying across the island and into the deep drench of the water beyond. Down into the deep Ciaran was swept, entwined within the arms of Vanessa: Forever.