Chapter Eighteen

It's been a couple weeks since I found out I was pregnant, and it hadn't been easy. Every morning I wake up with horrible morning sickness, not only is it in the morning it's when I smell something cooking, after I eat something I didn't find appetizing in the first place, and just all around just being awake makes me feel nauseous. I never felt like this with my last pregnancy, even though it was short it was way better than this. I wanted to keep it a secret from my parents because I wanted to tell Tommy first, but my mum figured it out when she heard me throwing up one morning. I told her I hadn't told Tommy yet and that I didn't want her to tell my father and she understood, I haven't told her why I'm waiting to tell Tommy because I don't want her to know about Epsom. The race is very soon and I'm packing right now to go to London with Tommy, I'm going to stay with Ada for a bit while he's handling business.

"Ivy! Thomas is here," I hear my mum yell.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I yell back, I hear the door open downstairs and hear my mum greeting Tommy.

While packing the rest of my items I hear footsteps outside my door.

"Honey can I come in," I hear my mum say.

"Of course mum," I say.

She opens the door and steps in and closes the door, she takes a seat on my bed and looks at me, "honey are you gonna tell him about the baby on this little trip?"

"I might it depends on what happens," I say shrugging setting my bag on the ground finished with my packing.

"And what might happen?" She asks confused, she thinks it's just a little trip to visit Ada and Karl.

"Oh just if we get too busy with Ada and Karl and looking around London," I say.

"Well I hope you tell him sooner than later, I know he will be so delighted for this news," she says grabbing my hands.

I smile at her and nod, Tommy will be so happy to hear about the baby, I just need to wait until after Epsom.

"Okay mum I think I need to head out," I say, she stands up and gives me a hug.

We walk down the stairs and I see Tommy sitting by my father at the kitchen table drinking some tea.

"Hello sweetheart, you ready to go?" Tommy asks standing up to take my luggage from me and my mum.

"Ready!" I say, I head over to my father and give him a quick hug and kiss on his cheek.

"Bye Ivy, have a safe trip, love you," my father says.

"I love you too," I say walking over to my mum to give her another hug.

"Bye honey, remember what we talked about," she says.

"I will mum, love you," I say, Tommy's walked back inside from taking my luggage to the car.

"Let's go sweetheart," he says grabbing my hand, I wave at my parents before leaving the house.

"Finally alone at last," I say giving him a kiss.

"We'll get more alone time after Epsom, I promise love," he says giving me another kiss.

We walk to the passenger side and he opens the door for me and I get in.

"Have you seen Polly lately," I ask, I've only seen her once since the day I found out I was pregnant and she still didn't look too great.

"Very brief encounters, she's still not happy with me," he says.

"The last time I saw her was a couple days ago, she's still upset about Campbell even if she won't admit to it," I say.