Chapter Nineteen

I wake up and the bed is empty, I feel Tommy's side and it's cold so he's been gone for a while. I sit up and find a note on the bedside table.

Good morning sweetheart I hope you slept well, todays the big day. If something happens know I love you, and promise me that you will continue to live a great life. In hopes nothing happens I will see you tonight. Love Thomas.

   I lay back down and stare at the celling, I know if anything were to happen to him I would have the best family to support and help me, but nothing could beat Tommy coming back home to me tonight.

   There's a knock at the door, "Ivy can I come in?" I hear Ada say.

   "Of course," I say still laying down.

   "Good morning Ivy," she says going to open the curtains.

   "Good morning," I say rolling over to face her.

   "Oh Ivy, what's wrong?" She says sitting on the bed.

   "I'm just worried about Tommy," I say.

   "I talked to him before he left, him and James left pretty early this morning for business," she says.

   "I guess he's helping Tommy with something," I say.

"I don't like him getting home involved in anything dangerous," she says with a sign.

"I get that Ada, let's just hope everyone comes out of this situation unscathed," I say sitting up and leaning on her shoulder.

"Well let's get you some tea and breakfast I'm sure you're starving," Ada says kissing my head.

"Oh definitely starving, surprisingly I don't feel sick right now," I say actually feeling good for once.

"That's a good thing let's hope it stays that way," she says getting up.

I get up and slip on my slippers and robe and follow her downstairs.

I hear little feet creep up behind me.

"Hmm I wonder who is following me," I say looking at Ada.

"Oh no I think it's a big scary boy," Ada says pretending to be scared.

I turn around and find Karl behind me he can't keep it in and starts giggling.

"Oh a big scary boy alright," I laugh picking him up.

"Good morning auntie Ivy," he says giving me a big hug.

"Good morning my favorite boy," I say.

I carry him to his seat and Ada fills up his plate with some food as I fill up mine.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask I hope she has something in mind since I need to keep my mind off is Tommy.

"I'm not too sure maybe we could take Karl to the park, get some pastries, anything Karl wants to do we'll do," she says smiling.

"Oh I love Karl days," I say giving Karl a kiss on the head.

After a while I got to thinking about Polly, "Ada have you talked to Polly in a while?"

"No every time I call she either doesn't answer she makes up an excuse on why the call needs to end," she says.

"I'm really worried about her Ada," I say.

"Me too, but Polly is a strong women she'll come back to us," she says grabbing my hand.

I smile at her and excuse myself to go get ready, and she says she needs to get ready herself.