𝑊ℎ𝑜 𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑠

𝑆𝑎𝑚𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉

I woke up from the sun beaming into my eyes. I go to cover my eyes but there's a weight holding it. I finally open my eyes and see Nadine curled up against me in my arms. Head leaning against chest legs tangled with mine.
Her skin glows in the morning sun and her hair slightly covering her face. I look away as I realize I have been staring for too long.

I carefully move my arm out from under her and picked out my clothes. I grabbed a blue sweatshirt and grey sweatpants. I went to the kitchen to go cool breakfast.

     A few minutes later I'm almost done with breakfast and I hear footsteps coming to the kitchen. I look up and see a sleepy Nadine walking and sitting on the barstool.

     "Good morning Nad." I said to her putting eggs and pancakes on a plate, and place it in front of her.

     "Good morning Sammy and thank you," she paused for a second and looked down. "For the food and last night." She said in a lower voice.

     "Don't worry about it, you're fine it happens to everyone." I said getting a plate of eggs and pancakes and sitting down by her. "What do you want to do today?"

     "I don't know. I kind of wanna stay in." Nadine says eating the rest of her food.

"Ok ya, wanna watch like a movie or something?" I asked her taking out plates and washing them.

"Umm ya, as long as I get to pick the movie." Nadine agreed moving over to the bed.

"Fine." I said rolling my eyes.

I walked over to the other side of the bed and sat down. I grabbed the remote and handed it to her. I looked at her, she had a weird look on her face like she was planning something. I turn my head and look at the screen. I read The Conjuring.

"Are you fucking kidding me Nadine." I said looking at her with a "are you serious" look on my face.

"Oh calm down this will be fun." She said climbing under the covers and pressing play.

I said nothing else and got under the covers. The movie started playing. Half way through I look over at Nadine and see her eyes slowly closing.

"Nadine are you serious falling asleep right now?" I said making her eyes shoot open.

"God Samuel, you scared the shit out of me." She yelled looking at me with a mad expression. "It's freezing in here, you're talking all the blanket."

"Would you stop complaining for just this once." I said. I don't know what came over me but I found my hand grabbing her waist and pulling her near me.

"There is that better? Or are you still cold?" I asked looking down at her.

"I- it's fine." She said looking away from me and starts watching the movie again.

I look down at her. My arms wrapped around her waist, her head on my chest. Maybe Nadine isn't so bad. Maybe this will all be ok. Who knows what will happen.

———
𝐴/𝑁
𝐼𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑖 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛'𝑡 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝑖 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝑆𝑂𝑅𝑅𝑌 𝐴𝐺𝐴𝐼𝑁