Chapter #1~Beautiful

Word count - 787

September 1rst, 1989

Dear Diary,

How is it already a senior year? I look around at these kids that I've known all my life and I ask myself, what happened? We used to bake cookies and eat paste and now we're getting into fist fights in the hallway. I'm not saying I'm sad to leave this school... I've dreamed of ivy-colored walls and smokey French cafes in a big university my whole life. It's just unnerving to see people evolve into the worst versions of themselves.

"This is an excellent forgery! Who are you?" The tall girl asked with a booming voice, looking down at the fake hall pass I had written her. I answered her question, avoiding eye contact. Yesterday I wouldn't have dared to talk to Heather Chandler and her two minions, but today I'm willing to do anything to sit at their lunch table, even forging fake prescriptions.

"I crave a boon. Let me sit at your table. Just once, no talking is necessary. If people think you tolerate me then they'll leave me alone." The three girls laughed and then proceeded to huddle together and converse. After an amount of time that felt like forever, Chandler turned to me and proceeded to speak, "For a greasy little nobody, you do have good bone structure."

"-And a symmetrical face! If I took a meat cleaver down the center of your skull, I'd have matching halves!" The yellow one spoke. What a weirdo...

"Of course, you could stand to lose a few pounds." Duke snapped at me, looking me up and down with disgust. The bathroom was quiet for a quick minute and was broken by Red, "You could use some mascara...maybe some lip gloss, and some blush. Meet us tomorrow at the center lunch table. Wear blue, and clean yourself up."

The next day I woke up early. I wore high socks and spent hours on my makeup. Martha Dunstock greeted me on my way in, "Hey! Are we still on for movie night tonight?" She asked me. Martha's my best friend. We've been friends since diapers. Martha's got a big heart, but around here that's not enough.

"Yeah, you're on a jiffy pop detail," I responded with a smile. She smiled back and we parted our ways. I was welcomed into the building by Chandler giving me an ugly look. "Ew, you talk to Martha Dumptruck? I would have thought better of you..." she said and walked away. I tried to ignore these comments as I made friends with the Heathers. I wish I could've warned myself before letting myself get pulled into a clique like this one.

I was getting ready to get to lunch when I was shoved in the shoulder by Duke. "What's your damage, Heather?!" I reacted. "Veronica! Chandler said to haul your ass to the cafeteria pronto." "How very." I responded straight faced. I didn't want to blow this on my first day so I motored to the center table in the cafeteria.

"I need you to forge a note to Martha Dumptruck." Chandler requested as I sat at my new spot. "What? Why do you guys have something against her?" I asked. I didn't want to be friends with people who would bully my childhood best friend. They just stared at me with demise. "Do I really need to answer that? The whole school has something against her!" Chandler chuckled. "You need something to write on. Heather bend over." Duke rolled her eyes as MacNamara placed her paper on Heather's back. Out of peer pressure, I pulled out a pen and started writing what heather spoke,

Hello beautiful,

I've been watching you and thinking about us in the old days. I hope you can come to my homecoming party this weekend...

Miss you, Ram xo

"Guys, do we really need to do this?" I asked, pleading. "Do you want to be part of this group or not?" Chandler intimidated. I rolled my eyes and handed the letter to her. In a quick motion, McNamara swiftly placed the note on Martha's lunch tray and left it. 

"What's this for?" McNamara asked. "I just found out that Ram used to hang with Martha Dumptruck!" Chandler spoke. "Well, yeah. In kindergarden, we all did." I told her. "We all didn't kiss on the kickball field." Heather Duke exclaimed. "Oh thats right I remember! Ram kissed Martha Dumptruck. It was disgusting!" yellow said. "Guys we should go tell her it's a prank. This isn't right and you guys know it." I said. The one dressed in red stomped up to me, where our faces were only one or two inches apart. Oh no. I've already failed day one of being in the Heathers.

Candy store is in the process of finishing :)