City Lights

**Alex's POV**

I can't stand it. The loneliness. I'd usually be walking along side Willie, but I can't find him. Ever since that day he left after I hugged him for the first time, he hasn't showed up. I searched and searched all night last night, giving my performance at rehearsal this afternoon a three out of ten. I teleported to the roof of the Orpheum, and stared at the stars. I fell back onto my sweater, resting my head on it while looking up. Tears rolled down the side of my face, and I wiped my eyes. I sat up, and suddenly paused, and rubbed them again.

Willie was there, sitting at the edge of the roof. His legs hung off the building. And he stared straight ahead. I didn't believe it was real, until I stood up, and he heard me as grunted silently. He turned, and when he saw me, he was just as shocked. He got up quickly, and looked at me. I took a step forward, but he took one back. I rushed forward before he fell, and grabbed his waist. He held onto my neck as I pulled him back, and his hands fell to my chest. I saw tears welling up in his eyes. He rested his head on my chest, and choked out,"I-... I thought you moved on?" And I showed him my wrist, and smiled softly.

    "It just went away, and now we're able to touch Julie!" I said excitedly. He looked confused.

    "How? Wait, the other guys are still here too?" Willie says, releasing me from our embrace.
    "I don't know how, and yeah. They're at the garage. You can meet Julie if you want!" I say. He seems fine with that. We talk, and make our way to the loft. When we enter, Reggie, Luke and Julie all stare at Willie. Reggie and Luke greet him, but Julie is still staring. She is shocked at seeing Willie for the first time.

  "This is the famous Willie that got us a gig at the Orpheum? I didn't expect you to have such beautiful hair!!" She said jumping up and attempted to hug him, but she went through his body, and bumped into Luke. He laughed, and Luke patted him on the back. Reggie was standing off to the side, smirking. Willie and Julie separated, and started talking. I went outside to get some fresh air. I was sitting on the wall, one of my legs hanging off. Just then, Reggie came out, and he looked a little mad. What's up with him? Wait, no. He didn't look mad, he looked- sad? He hasn't been sad since a year ago- well, more like 26 years ago.. when his dog died. Her name was Princess, and she had to be put down.

    He showed up at Luke's door before he ran away, and they talked about it for a while, and at the same time, he stared blankly at him, crying. I felt bad for him. But ever since, he hasn't been sad, or he hasn't cried. Ever. "What's wrong with me? Why don't I fit in?! I can't do anything." Reggie said dropping to his knees and crying.

      "Hey, hey hey, what's wrong Reggie?" I said jumping down and going over to him. He pushed me away and ran. After five minutes of trying to catch up, I couldn't get to him. I told everyone what happened, and they actually think they know what happened.

    Julie said, "Well, we were all talking when he joined in on the conversation. But, I guess we weren't paying attention. It went on for like nine minutes, then he left aggressively. Do you think, we hurt his feelings?" She suggested. I teleported out. I went to the same spot me and Willie saw each other. I surprisingly saw Reggie there, in the same place Willie was last time I was here. He didn't move when I sat next to him.

    "You alright?" I asked. He stared blankly ahead, and said,
    "No, not really. We've missed so much since we died. And ever since Luke and Julie became a thing, I felt like you were the only person to talk to but then- you found Willie, and you only talked to him. I was left talking to myself, and I think- I'm sad? I haven't been like this in.. in a while. I've never felt left out like this before."

      I didn't know what to say. I feel like such a jerk for not realizing Reggie was hurting. I guess I experienced what he did. For the longest time, I couldn't even talk about my feelings, until I met Willie. I put my arm around his shoulder, and we both looked below us, as people passed by, and we stayed like that. In silence.
   I comforted him, until we got home. Luke was asleep on a beanbag, and Willie was asleep on the couch. Reggie went to bed on the couch too. Julie was in her room, and I stayed awake all night again. The next night though, Willie stayed over for a while before going out that night for something. Probably Caleb's club.. I thought in disgust. Wait- does he even know we're still here?