20~Impaled~

TW: blood
꧁——————————꧂

The long, bristly stake made of worn-down wood is thrust into and through my heart. My fangs protrude as a hiss of pain escapes me, the effect being immediate as I feel my body losing it's immortal being. 

My attackers, with pitchforks and torches, hurl insults at me among the cries of relief at seeing the impact the stake has. The moon is bright, a savoured sight while the blood seeps out from around the stake's impalement. I let tears fall, remembering all my rich years of life, and a whine of pain passes lightly over my bloodied lips.

I struggle against the wood, trying to pull it free despite the hopelessness of it, and the vicious group begin to panic. They ready their fire, and I expect the worst.

Bleeding dry from pale flesh, the wood embedded into my body is alight by one of their torches. It's hungry flame licks up the stake, growing larger and brighter, and my pupils shrink with fright. The searing burns mix with the blood stains on my torn clothes and create a horrifying image for those involved - a welcomed one, but still harsh enough on the eyes to cause some witnesses to puke.

I scream, losing feeling fast in my limbs, and especially my pierced heart. Blisters bubble and pop all over my convulsing figure, spurting blood to the dead grass. It hurts beyond anything I've ever felt, and I wish for it to end, the fresh blood streaming down to my bare toes and staining my sickly skin. I wish- no, pray for death to take me in it's cold arms, anything to get away from this torturing agony.

I shriek into the night as I burn into nothing but dust. Thick, billowing clouds climb steadily into the sky, and the small mob of villagers cheer over my wilting howls. Everything is eaten up without remorse, and I practically poof up into a dark mist and disappear from watching eyes.