Chapter 1: If Only I Had Thorns Like a Thistle...

A young boy arrives at the outskirts of Honno City.

???: *whistles* so... this is Honnouji Academy? Errh.. I thought it would be more... livelier...

The scene pans out the boy that is staring up towards the academy with a serious look on his face.

KEN AYAKO

He pulls out a ragged note from his hoodie pocket and looks at it for a second.

"If I don't return home then go to Honnouji Academy..."

Ken: Don't worry uncle Syuuji, I'll find you... if I could even find the entrance...

He then starts walking towards the city slums.

Queue Opening

The scene cuts to the boy walking through the slums of the city, seeing all the low lives and creepy people in the dark alleys just staring at him.

Ken's (Mind): Uhm.. Are those dudes staring at me? Ehm... probably just my imagination.

While walking with his backpack and sword sheath near his hips. he sees a couple of young boys about to harass a girl with a single streak of red hair.

Ken: Huh? I think she needs help.

He rushes to the scene only to see the girl beat the hell out of the three boys that were about to tackle her.

Ken: Damn...

The four boys then got on their knees begging for forgiveness.

???: I guess I can't beat up people who are bowing and scraping

???: I guess I can't beat up people who are bowing and scraping. I'll let it slide just this once...

The girl then notices Ken watching her as well as the four boys.

???: Huh? And what do you want?

Ken: Oh... Hey umm... I'm new around here and I was trying to find my way around until I saw the whole thing. Thought you needed some help...

???: Pfft... I can handle myself quite fine.

Ken: Hmm... oh by the way.. are you by any chance going to Honnouji Academy. I'm sort of lost.

???: Hm? Oh sure...

Ken: Nice! Oh by the way... My name is Ken...

Ryuko: Ryuko is my name. Alright now with that settled let's head to-

Suddenly a random brown school briefcase comes flying in and hits the boy with the glasses.

???: HEY!!!