70.

Lando's POV

I arrived in Belgium a few days ago, it was the last race before the summer break and I was actually happy about it.

I was tired and I desperately needed some time with River. I wanted to go on a vacation with her, show her off to my friends and family and just show her the finest things in life.

"How is River?" Zak asked right after we were finished with our meeting. "Good"

River thought he didn't like her, but I knew he actually did. He was giving her a rough time, he was testing her and she was passing every test.

"Did Mercedes hire her again?" He followed me outside. I shook my head. "They didn't" he was probably wondering where she was but I couldn't tell him.

It was none of his business anyway.

"Interesting" he mumbled to himself. "Why?" I asked but I knew it was kind useless because he was already walking away.

River didn't come with me, she stayed in Monaco. I think she was tired of traveling around and she wanted to finish Nate for once and for all.

I begged her to wait until I could be there too but she said she had it all under control, whatever that meant.

I even offered to give her the money so she could give it to him, but I knew she wouldn't accept that.

"Did River not come with you?" Georgia asked as we walked in the garage together. I don't think she was trying to be mean, she was genuinely interested.

"She's in Monaco, she's gonna confront your ex" I snorted. Her face changed, all of a sudden, she looked concerned.

"And you let her do that by herself?" She asked.  "Uh yeah? She's pretty badass you know"

I wanted to walk away, because I obviously had to go to get in my car but Georgia grabbed my arm. "He's dangerous Lando, you don't know what he's capable of"

"What do you mean?" He was an idiot who tried to steal my money by threatening River, but I didn't think he was dangerous.

"The reason why we broke up wasn't because we grew apart or whatever. It was because he used to abuse me, physically and sexually" she admitted. I could see how scared she was in her eyes. "And he's good in convincing people, at twisting your mind"

"She's in danger Lando, you need to do something, you need to protect her"

But I couldn't. I couldn't protect her, I had a job to do, a race to drive.

Why couldn't she have told me way sooner? Why did she have to tell me now? Just when I had to jump in my car.

Spa was a dangerous track and I had to be fully concentrated, but I wasn't. At all.

There was nothing I could do.

I had to trust her she could do this by herself. I had to trust that she would be the badass girl she always was.