Chapter Thirty-Four: The Beautiful Moon

When the pizza arrived, they continued watching TV eating it in the meantime, like two friends hanging out together. After about two episodes passed though, she grabbed the remote control and turned off TV.

"I'm bored." She revealed. "Let's do something else."

"I agree." He said in an exited tone. Not only his eyes were hurting from the TV but he felt like his mind suffered as well. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know." The girl shrugged. "It depends, how much time do we have before travel?"

Silence. His face dropped and he began to fidget from one spot to another in a nervous manner. She opened her mouth to repeat the question but he was faster.

"A few hours for sure." He finally said. "So, what do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking we could play some game. It's been some time since we did it, right?

His face once again lit up with a smile, as if he completely forgot about whatever he was thinking about the moment earlier. Shortly after though his ardor faded.

"I would love that but we don't have any games there."

"That's where you're wrong." She pointed out while he only looked at her puzzled. "As long as we have our heads, we have an infinite amount of games to play."

"Damn." He chuckled. "Young people are really something else. What do you offer then? And don't say that you don't know because I don't either."

She shook her head in disapproval and sighed theatrically and laughed as well.

"Hm... Do you know a game called would you rather?"

"I'm familiar."

"Cool! Do you want to start or should I?"

"You can start." He said. "I'm curious what you'll come up with."

"Alright. So... " She made a very long pause. "Would you rather be a frog or a snake?"

"Yup, should've seen this one coming." A short laugh escaped his mouth again but he quickly composed himself. "Sorry."

"Don't laugh at me! Just answer your question!" The girl pouted and threw at him the pillow that was lying behind her. In response he threw it back at her and it hit her straight in the face with the badly miscalculated force which made her leaned backwards. Now they were both laughing.

"Okay, okay." He calmed down. "A frog, I guess."

"Wrong!" She argued which completely threw him out. "That's a bad choice because frogs can live up to 15 years and snakes live even up to 30!"

"I though we were playing would you rather, not what's the better choice." He replied casually. "Maybe I'd rather be a frog, huh? I like having legs."

"Have fun with dying at 15 then." She crossed her arms in an offended way but the very next second they both bursted with laughter again.

They were playing the game for a long time before without them realising, it slowly changed back into a casual conversation.

"So, if I understood right, you were saying you'd like to visit Hokkaido again?" He asked, referring to what the girl was telling him about before he got lost in his thoughts.

"Yeah, exactly." She confirmed. "But that's during the summer, because Ayase said that lavender fields would bloom beautifully then. I know I won't be able to see them but that scent must be out of this world. And the whole climate of it, right?"

"Sound great. I saw it in the past, it's really something incredible."

"You did?" Suddenly, the girl got excited at that news. "You never said anything about it!"