Part 18: ℛℴ𝓈ℯ𝓈 -𝓃- ℋ𝓎𝒹𝓇𝒶𝓃𝑔ℯ𝒶𝓈

╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱

     I woke up to Zaria standing over me, a smile on her face. "Sooooo, how'd it goooo?"
I swatted her away and sat up, rubbing my swollen eyes from crying myself to sleep. "It wasn't a date, Zaria. But it went okay."
She looked at me puzzled. "Just okay? What happened?"

    I still hadn't told Zaria who I was, and I didn't plan on it. I didn't want everybody finding out yet. But, could I trust Rome to not tell her?
"I really just don't want to talk about it. What about you though? How'd your homework date go with Raven?"

   A smirk formed its way across her face. "Nice changing the subject. It went really good though. We mainly just talked and drank some of this bomb ass stuff she brought. Some kind of vodka. Needless to say... there was a lot of talking until there wasn't." She chuckled nervously.

    I smiled, thankful her and Raven were getting along so well. "I'm glad it went so well. Is there something in the future for my two best friends?" I said, wiggling my eyebrows.

   "You could say that." She said, her cheeks flushing.
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·

   We got ready for classes and headed out to meet up with the rest of our group. Rome was standing there with Ziggy, Blaze and Mickey, talking. He looked up and locked eyes with me for a minute before walking over to me and pulling me aside.

   "Don't worry. I won't tell anybody. But.. did you have any plans to tell them in the future?"

   "I... not until I know the truth." He looked at me, puzzled. "The full truth."

   He nodded before responding "Can I take you on a real date soon?" He smiled.

   I could feel my face getting hot. Twirling my hair, I tried to look for a way out. I did have feelings for him that I wanted to explore, but was I ready for that?
   "Maybe.. maybe soon." I smiled back at him before heading over to Raven and Zara.

   Rome stood there, staring at me, maybe thinking or hoping for a different answer. I could feel his eyes on me making my body tingle all over. Raven NEVER had this effect on me. So why did he?
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·

    My first class of the day seemed to drag on. The rest of the day went by pretty fast though considering how slow it started.

   I opened my locker to put my bag inside and saw something tucked away. Something I don't remember putting in there. I reached back into my locker and pulled out a small note.
Meet me in the courtyard after school. -Rome

    I turned it around and around looking at it over and over. Why... Why would he want me to meet him? I quickly pulled my hair into a half ponytail and placed my bag inside my locker. Skimming out the wrinkles in my skirt, I walked towards the courtyard.

    The courtyard was beautiful. A fountain sat in the middle, surrounded by roses and hydrangeas. Rome sat on the fountains edge, watching the sky. I watched him for a minute before skimming my hands along my skirt again and then heading down the stairs to meet him.

     He stood up when he noticed me and smiled. "I see you got my note?"

   I nodded, looking up at him slowly.

   "Well... I figured if you wouldn't let me take you out on a date, I'd bring the date to you." He pulled a sword out from behind his back and handed it to me. "I assume you know how to fight?"

   A grin creeped its way across my face. "I'd assume you're right." Grabbing the sword from him, I placed myself in a fighting stance.

  Rome stood across from me, sword in hand. "Ready... 1... 2... 3... GO!" And he charged at me, I blocked his hit and spun myself around, sword still in hand.

  He stepped back, ready to go again. Again, I blocked his hit and almost got him before he spun and tapped me with the sword.

   Wiping a small bit of blood off my shoulder, I got back up. Grinning wider. "You thought you'd win?"

  "Oh we're playing to win? I was just trying to go easy on you." He laughed. "I forgot I was fighting a warrior for a minute."

  I laughed and jumped about 5 feet in the air before landing on him, sword pointed to his nose, him laying on the ground, stunned.

   "Touché." He smirked, knocking my sword to the ground and pulling me to him.

  My body danced with a million tingles as he caressed my face. "Rome.. I.."

   He put his finger to my lips. "I know. I just needed you to know that you are really something special Serafina Stone. No girl has ever made me feel the way you make me feel. No girl has ever been able to go up against me in a fight and win. Let alone do what you do. You may be some long lost princess but to me, you're a warrior." He smiled, caressing my face again.

  Tears formed in my eyes and he reached up to wipe them away. He pulled my head up to look at him, and then... he kissed me. His lips were warm and soft. This kiss sent a million chills through my body. It felt like electricity had just gone through me.

  Behind us, fire danced in the fountain. He pulled away and looked up. "Did you do that?" He said, pointing to the fountain.

  I shrugged "I guess.. my emotions control it?" I said, leaning in to kiss him again. I wanted nothing more than to be with him. He made me feel safe, made me feel good. He made me feel like I wasn't just a long lost princess but like I was me. Which I couldn't say for everyone else if they found out.

   "Whatcha thinking about beautiful?" He asked, pulling me away from my thoughts. He brushed a piece of hair away from my face.

    "Can you... tonight can we try and do some more research on my family?" I blurted it out without even thinking. I just knew I didn't want to do it alone anymore. I didn't want it to just be me. I wanted me and him in it for the long run. But I couldn't tell him that... yet.

  He smiled, standing up and grabbing a rose from a nearby bush. "Anything for you my Queen." He bowed before handing me the rose.

   Laughing, I grabbed the rose from him. He reached his hands out to pull me up off the ground. Then, he grabbed my hand and led me to the library where we'd do more research into who I was.

  Being with him felt safe. Being near him felt like I belonged here next to him. Raven never made me feel like this. Raven was comfortable. Rome was... exciting. He was... the first person I actually had this deep of feelings for. He knew, I knew. We were in this together. He wanted to know as much as I did, and help me out as much as I wanted him to. Hopefully we'd find something... hopefully.