-6- Part 2

When I got home, I stormed into the house and threw my phone across the room in a fit of exasperation. I plopped onto my mattress and stuffed my pillow into my face, crying. I questioned myself what I had done to deserved this, nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

I was stupid for liking a boy, of course he has a girlfriend. My best friend. I cried harder and my pillow's wet fabric brushed my face as I wept into it, exhausting myself with tears. I slowly sucked in air as I took the pillow off of my face. They were dating and there's nothing I can do about it. I managed to find my phone and promptly blocked Alayna on all socials. I didn't want anything to do with her. As for the boy, I was still in love with him. 

The next day at school Alayna approached me in the hallway, but I refused to look her way and indignantly kept on walking as she tried her best to convey some sort of worthless apology to me. Nothing was going to make me budge. She followed me to my class and when I sat down she went on a whole spiel that I wasn't listening to. I never looked her way and ignored her as she thoughtfully explained the situation to me with great effort. My ears began to rang and my head felt hot as tears stung the backs of my eyes. I told myself not to cry but as she walked out of the classroom in a fit of frustration, one sad tear rolled out of my eye and I did nothing as it made it way down my cheek and landed depressingly on my pants. Nobody seemed to notice as they got situated for class. Not even the teacher. "It's a terrible feeling," I thought, "heartbreak for a boy I'd never spoken to, how pathetic." I'm not crazy, am I? 

Class ended and the bell rang ,how wonderful. Now I must go back out to the congested hallway with kids coughing into my face from all angles and the odor of an extraordinarily stinky child, yet to discover deodorant and basic hygiene. As my heart throbs in my chest and the only thing on my mind is the boy with the toothy grin. I sighed in struggle, I can't focus in class during this episode of peculiar grief, no way. 

As school ended, I got home and immediately jumped onto my homework, maybe it would take my mind off of things? I could barely focus, but finished in a few hours. The boy with the toothy grin continued to make his way into my mind. I vividly envisioned his presence and had to force myself to ignore the thought, but it pushed its way back. It seemed, the more I pushed it away, the more it made its appearance. I groaned frustratedly at the situation and decided to ride my bike around the neighborhood to get my mind off of things, but as I came to the fork in the road, I realized the only street open was Monty Rd. 

To Be Continued...