𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯; 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘴.

________________________________________________________________________

Ridhika went to Raval villa while her sisters, Aadya and her cousins went to her house. Anika in the backseat was getting nervous while Ridhika assured her time to time. The boys didn't clearly knew what was the matter but they did have idea what it is about.

They reached and got out of the car. They all entered the house, everyone was sitting in the living room and Asha welcomed them all with a smile but not getting a satisfied reaction, she frowned.

" Kya hua beta? You all seem upset. " She asked Ridhika who greeted het ny touching her feet.

" Dadi actually the thing is Anika got her period while we were shopping. "

Asha's eyes widened as she stepped back.

" What? Anika you should have took care of it na. Anika you go in your room without touching anything here. Mithila, gangajal Lao andar se...

" No dadi. "

Ridhika cut her off making Asha look at her in surprise.

" Dadi why? Why are you making it look like we are impure when while periods? It is natural right, then? "

" Darshan And Ritwik you both go and beta Ridhika we should not discuss it while everyone is here. "

" Why not Dadi? "

" Ridhika kuch bhi ho hum humare sanskaar nahi bhul sakte.."

" Dadi konse shastra me likha hai ki maasik dharm ke douraan koi ladki apavitra ho jaati hai ya woh kahi par bhi Jaa nahi sakti, kuch kar nahi sakti, kisi ko choo nahi sakti? "

" Par Ridhika tumhe aise dadi ko tokna nahi chahiye.."

Geeta sternly said making Ridhika gaze at her making her shut before she continues.

" Bua ji, me dadi ko tok nahi Rahi hoon. Par humare sath jo galat ho raha hai bas woh sahi kar Rahi hoon. "

" Dadi, agar hume maasik dharm douraan apavitra hi maana jaata to Assam me kamakhya Devi mandir hai waha 3 din jab maa ka maasik dharm aata hai tab log waha mela nahi manate, mannate nahi mangte. Aur dadi periods to humari maa banne ki nishaani hai na.. "

Asha nodded her head slowly understanding she was wrong all this time.

" Aur dadi hum sabko pata hai ki periods me kitna pain hota hai to is time pe Hume ladkiyon ko special feel karwana chahiye jiski jagah hum unhe left out and impure feel karwate hai. Ye to galat hai na? "

" Han baat to sahi hai. " Rajesh said from behind.

" Thik hai phir, no restrictions even when you are on your periods. "

Asha said to her granddaughters. Anika and Kritika smiled widely and ran to hug Ridhika.

Everyone in the family adored them except Geeta and her daughter. They didn't like Ridhika from the start.

~

Ridhika was still at Raval's to spend time with them. She was in the kitchen preparing everyone's evening snacks. Geeta came and called her.

" Ji bua, apko kuch chahiye? "

" Nahi mujhe kuch nahi chahiye par ek chiz batani thi tumhe. "

" Han bataiye na. "