Chapter 8

October 30, 2023 Words: 1083

"Jinsoul wake up!" the girl groan and turned to the other side and tried to continue sleeping, "Yah! Are you going to keep lazing around or do you want Jungeun to kick your sorry ass?" Krystal said and tried to pull Jinsoul's blanket off of her but the girl was too strong for her to do so. "Aish Yah! Jungeun is going to be here and you do—"

"Where?!" Jinsoul looked around in panic making Krystal scoff, "She's not here yet dumb ass but once she comes here and sees you still on your bed, bet she'll drag your ass out of that damn bed of yours." Jinsoul groans and covered herself with the blanket and squealed, Krystal rolls her eyes before leaving the room,

"Done." Jinsoul leans back on her chair with a proud look on her face, Jungeun stood up from her sit and grabbed the folders before checking them one by one thoroughly, "I can't believe you just finished this in 2 hours." She raised a brow and tried to find any errors on the girl's work, "I grew up reading these papers, what do you expect?" Jinsoul said smugly before standing up,

"Boy I need coffee." She quickly left the room before the girl could even react,

Jinsoul went to the coffee station and poured herself some coffee, "I'm surprised you even managed to leave the office." Heejin said behind her making her surprise, "You fu—"

"No need to swear unnie. I was just surprised you managed to leave the office without getting yelled nor hit at." Heejin glanced towards the office before setting her eyes back to the older girl who was grinning widely at her freshly brewed coffee, she doesn't understand how the girl is older than her. She's a literal child although at first she's very scary and very intimidating but after all of those things happened it's like Jinsoul wake up as a different person.

Jinsoul patted Heejin's head before going back to the office but her eyes caught someone familiar as she stops from her steps,

Jungeun who came out from the office approaches her, "You still ha—"

The older girl placed a hand up stopping her from talking, "Hold this." Jinsoul says as she handed Jungeun her coffee despite the questions and protest Jinsoul ignores her and approached the man who was sitting down on one of the table outside,

"Why are you here?" She says and looks around before looking back at the man who gives her a folder, "Ms. Wong wants me to hand you these folders." She accepts it and opens it.

"Those are the profile of Seobin's people, they are still on hunt for you and Jungeun. Woo's family are also in danger. Sooyoung suggested about putting them on security." Jinsoul hums and clicks her tongue,

"Know any place they could be hiding?"

The man gives her another folder, "Ms. Im has found two out of their five possible hideouts." She sighs and takes the folder,

"I will check all these out but now is not the right time." Her eyes landed on Jungeun who is now walking towards them, "Leave."

The man nods and left as soon as Jungeun arrived to their table, "Who was that?" She asks, her eyes fell to the folders that Jinsoul was holding, "Business. Classified." She says and stands up, "I will be going home early today." She smiles at Jungeun and the younger girl knows she can't do anything about it.

"So you and Jinsoul unnie, what's going on between you two?" Jiwoo asks as she keeps munching on her food, Jungeun tilted her head slightly to the side, confuse.

Jiwoo rolls her eyes, "Stop pretending nothing happened between you two. So. What, are you guys going to be official o—"

"Jiwoo you know nothing is happe—"

"It's obvious she likes you! She even says that she loves you before she even you know?"

Jungeun rolls her eyes and sighs, "It's too complicated right now." She says and took a sip of her drink, "Well, better act fast before she finds someone else."

"So when did you even arrive?" The girl smiles, "Just yesterday and father thinks I should start school today so I could catch up with everything." Jinsoul smiles and held her hand, "I'm glad you decided to come back."

"Lee Jueun???" Sooyoung stands up from her desk with a big smile on her face,

Jueun smiles and nods her head, "It's me!" Sooyoung quickly ran towards her and engulfs her in a hug, both giggled and started chatting, Jinsoul smiles widely and sat beside them,

"You arrived yesterday?? How come you never told us?!"

"Well I wanted to surprise you two!"

Lee Jueun has been bestfriends with Sooyoung and Jinsoul since birth, they were always together till Jueun's father decided to send her abroad to study and to also learn more about their business outside Korea.

"You know you broke our little Jinsoul's heart." The mentioned girl rolled her eyes,

"No she didn't."

"What do you mean! Yah Jueun, after you left, she was literally like a lost puppy."

"Shut—"

"I mean we broke up in a good way so..." Her eyes met Jinsoul's and it made her nervous. Clearly forgot that she already has interest on a specific someone.

"Baby!" Three of them looked looked at Jiwoo who was excitingly waving at Sooyoung as she enters the classroom followed by Jungeun.

"Oh?" She stops on her track and looks at Jueun then to Sooyoung in confusion,

Sooyoung opens her mouth and closes it before clapping her hands, "This is Lee Jueun our childhood bestfriend! Jueun, this is my girlfriend Jiwoo!" Jiwoo gasp and squeals in excitement, "She has been talking about you alot! Nice to finally meet you!"

Both Jueun and Jiwoo clicked right away leaving Jungeun confuse and lost, she gave Jinsoul a questioning look but it looks like the older was distracted looking at Jueun with those eyes?

She feels jealous now, who was this Jueun?? Is she Jinsoul's ex?? What about Haseul? She was confuse. Just what kind of person is Jinsoul?

Jiwoo told her before that Jinsoul had an ex but she didn't know who it was.

"This is my bestfriend Kim Jungeun!" Jungeun awkwardly waves her hand at the girl who smiles widely at her.

Okay she is now insecure, this Jueun girl is very pretty and she must say she is very VERY gorgeous. A competition? She's afraid she might be right.