Rule Bender

The howling surface of Copper-9 was quiet as the hours flew by. The snow that drifted down was slower, more gentle compared to the night.

And Mallory was sound asleep, what a shocker.

Underneath the burning orb that drifted across the sky, he slumbered, chest lightly humming every few seconds as if he were breathing. The suns rays shone across the frozen city as those buildings casted large shadows to where the sun could not reach. Light reflected off the metal limbs of decomissioned worker drones who met painful endings. 

But the sun could not stay for any longer. 

The sun lowered itself down, slowly being swallowed by the ruined horizon. Eventually, it was no longer visible, as the sky grew darker and the snow picked up, terrors of the night awoke.

But Mallory laid still, dreaming of unimaginable things. Twisted horrors, wholesome fantasies, anything and everything that had been and has been dreamt by this somnolent drone. 

But what was he visualizing now?

"LEAVE ME ALONEEE!!" 

A large shadowy figure sprinted down a hallway. Simple light gray walls and floors, some decor, a few toys laying on the ground and a demon booking it down the hall. Black sweat was falling off its body as it continued running, looking like it was running a marathon.

The shadow demon turned its head back while still running, panic and fear evident across its face. "I'M SUPPOSE TO BE HAUNTING YOU BITCH, LET ME DO MY DAMNED JOB!" Hollered the demon as small squeaks got closer.

Chasing behind was Mallory, who was just as sweaty as the demon in front, a look of determination on his face. The squeaks of his slippers not at all fitting in this situation but was there for shits and giggles, little smug bunny slippers they were.

"I WILL AS SOON AS YOU HEAR... ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, ROBO-JESUS CHRIST... NOW GET THAT ASS BACK HERE [BEEP]!" Mallory shouted, waving around a bible with a metal cover like a mad man. Mallory knew it was a dream but that [BEEP] woke him up, he was sleeping while he was dreaming, so that shadow man is gonna gets what coming to him. 

Religion.

"JUST STOP FOR FUCK SAKE." The demon screams back, but Mallory did not listen.

They contiued their game of demon and drone for however long it had been, the demon now begging him to stop chasing while Mallory just kept yelling slurs back at it.

"I SAID I WOULD LEAVE YOU ALONE, STOP CHASING BITCH!"

"AND I SAID I WILL AS SOON AS YOU ACCEPT ROBO-JESUS, YOU DOORKNOB LICKING, UNDER THE BED CREEPING, SLEEP PARALYSIS LEFT FOOTER!" 

"THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN!" 

The demon had black tears flowing as Mallory continued pursueing him, waving a bottle of holy water in his freehand. Where he got it from, he and that demon weren't too sure, but he has it now, and by his atheist hands he was gonna use it in the best way.

Mallory responded to the demon with words that would make even the devil cry. 

"IT MEANS I'M SHOVING MY HOLY JUICE UP YOUR REAR, [BEEP]!" That threat made the demon yelp in a girlish tone, unbefitting of a demon of its stature. 

"JUST WAKE UP!" It begged.

Those words echoed throughout the hall, louder than Mallory had anticpated. The walls started to melt like candle wax as toys on the floor bursted into flames, those flames shooting up the walls in a flash. The demon had vanished right before Mallorys eyes in a pop of yellow.