Himmel's friend apprentice?

➤ Note     I'm only an anime watcher, I've read some of the manga.

28 years after the death of Himmel the hero

Door Creeeeek......

Step

Step

Step

"So this is where Himmel the hero used to live?" Fern remarked, her gaze sweeping across the modest surroundings.

The trio ventured through the house, taking in snapshots of Himmel's younger days and the delicate array of flowers adorning the miniature statues placed by the villagers.

Fern and Stark carefully added their own flowers to the collection, stealing occasional glances at the youthful Himmel captured in the photographs. Meanwhile, Frieren delved deeper into the home, eventually stepping into Himmel's bedroom.

Rummaging through the drawers near his bed, she encountered a trove of dusty and aged belongings. A peculiar picture, however, a picture caught her eye

With a gentle puff, Frieren dispersed the dust, revealing an image of the aged Himmel standing beside an unfamiliar figure. Perplexed, Frieren raised an eyebrow, musing over the identity of the mystery man. Perhaps, she speculated, a companion from Himmel's retired life.

Turning the photograph over, she recognized Himmel's writing style written on the back. The writing revealed:

"Frieren, if you're reading this, I'm probably gone

"Frieren, if you're reading this, I'm probably gone. I wish I could see you one last time, but my days are running out. The man in the picture next to me is my apprentice, Liam. We were close friends, and he became a skilled swordsman like me. But things took a bad turn for him—he lost an arm and a leg in battle. That's why he had to retire. He's not dead, though he's doing fine, I think.

Every time I trained him, I'd tell him stories of our ten years of adventures together, with you and the team. I wanted to introduce him to you and maybe have you take him on as your apprentice. Liam wanted to meet you too and fight alongside you.

But that can't happen due to his injuries. If it's alright with you, Frieren, could you pay him a visit? He's moved to a house in the woods in the northern area, beyond this kingdom. Just say hello and leave if you want. He might give you a special Grimmore you might never even heard of. Anyway, I'll see you later, Frieren."