I | Cosmic Cataclysm (Prologue)

"Only through vengeance do I prove I exist."

Light and Dark swore by it.

There was no other choice.

A harsh gust of wind that came from the South enveloped the atmosphere, the temperature alarmingly dropping.

Two princes were on their way to the path of retribution. A duel that harnessed every ounce of faith from both sides of the world.

The soil continued to crystallise, turning sturdy and hard to break through. Flurry gems tumbled from above and formed piles of snow, building an ivory ring.

Below the sky shrouded in a veil of grey, a tall figure emerged from the milky mist and aimed its sword towards the enemy. With a glare as cold as a glacier, the silhouette stopped a meter away, ready to strike. However, no matter how close it was, the shadow would not budge to twitch. Observing its reaction up close, the one holding the weapon squinted their eyes, silently not expecting such a move. The enemy did not seem hostile, but they did not let their guard down.

Two sapphire eyes continued to stare back once more before the shadow's head leaned to the side, showing movement for the first time in several minutes of deathly silence.

Before the armed prince could strike, the human watched with widened eyes as a dark purple tinted halo emerged on the other's head, illuminating their soft silver hair with scattered amethyst streaks. Russia stepped back as he tightened the grip of his sword, clenching his left fist. He was about to witness the cataclysm of the century.

Or so he thought.

In the blink of an eye, the sky turned from leaden to a cosmic scenery. All grey evaporated as a parade of colours was put on display, creating galaxies, scattered stardust and shining objects suspended in the distant atmosphere. All spectators were mesmerised by such incredible beauty. Even Russia bothered to raise his head, only for him to stare at the sky above as if he was in a trance. It was... gorgeous.

In less than a second, all colour passed from sight like a burnt lightbulb, dissipating out of nowhere. All celestial bodies that everyone was staring at vanished in an instant, turning the sky into empty matter. All froze as if time was paused, and with a few swift flicks of America's wrists, an explosion made its loud presence, turning all obstacles into smithereens. An otherworldly energy surged through his body, knocking everyone out from a three meter radius.

A loud collision was produced, the sound of something getting flung against a wall with a heavy thud. The body collapsed to the ground, the unbearable pain crawling through its veins. Blood trickled from the forehead, staining a flowy brown piece of fabric. Crimson liquid spilt out from its mouth, coughing in ragged breaths and sharp gasps. It was now suffocating in a pool of dread, knowing all too well that it was about to become a lifeless corpse in the span of a few minutes. No prayers. Not even a single farewell. This world was too cruel.

A vision flashed in front of Russia's eyes before he, too, got slammed against a wall. His body slid down in excruciating pain as his eyes closed shut, the thought of wishing farewell to the world enveloping his mind. He was lying on the cold soil that was slowly turning into a deep shade of red.

The bodies of all royalties except for America's were violently flung. They all merged with the ominous veil of darkness, disappearing out of thin air. The young prince stared at the lifeless sky with eyes as null and dark as a corrupted void. He never had the wish to harm any being, he had too much of a pure soul. Yet there he was, doing irreparable damage to the universe itself. He didn't want to... he had to.

It was all part of the plan.