9 || The Mistake

"In your eye's, there's a heavy blue
One to love and one to lose
Sweet divine, a heavy truth
Water or wine, don't make me choose"

NICKOLAS

The pounding in my head was relentless, each throb hammering against my skull like a dull, merciless drum. I gripped my head with both hands, fingers digging into my scalp as if the pressure would somehow ease the agony.

"Fuck," I growled, the curse escaping through gritted teeth. The pain was unbearable, clawing at my temples. Slowly, I blinked through the haze of pain, surveying my surroundings. I wasn't home. Instead, I was slumped on the cold, unforgiving leather of the office couch. I cursed again, quietly this time, realizing I must have passed out here, drowning in my usual cocktail of booze and exhaustion.

The familiar dark, polished wood of the office desk, the floor to ceiling windows that's showing the busy Rome city and expensive dark interior as my liking, told me that I was in my office of my casino in Rome.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." The voice was thick with sarcasm, and when I turned my head, Stephen was standing at the doorway, casually sipping from a steaming mug. His eyes sparkled with some sort of amusement.

Fuck him.

"Why the fuck am I here?" I groaned, leaning back against the couch, massaging my temples.

Stephen raised an eyebrow. "So, you really don't remember anything?"

I narrowed my eyes. Remember what?

As though someone had flicked a switch in my brain, memories from last night began to filter back in, one by one. The alcohol, the rage, the girl. The girl. My throat tightened as I remembered how I'd stumbled into her room, my vision blurred, my mind clouded with memories of Amara. The sound of her name alone brought a cold knot of fury and hatred into my chest. If Stephen hadn't barged in when he did, only God knows what would've happened to Natalia Rauf, that fragile little girl.

But what'd happened? Would I break her? Ruin her? Scare the hell out of her?

But doing that in a drunken state wouldn't be fun. I want to see every move, every reaction of her and save them in my memory.

The memory of her fear lingers in my mind, sharp and intoxicating. Her eyes, wide with shock, their terror seared into my thoughts, so raw and fresh. That dark, twisted part of me stirred, roaring at the sight of her, terrified and possessed.

God, how much I wanted to shatter her innocence and ruin her completely. I craved to become the living nightmare she could never escape, the shadow lurking in her every thought.

The mere thought of destroying her purity sent a twisted satisfaction through me. I imagined tasting every inch of her, taking what was never meant to be taken, and leaving her utterly ruined for anyone else. The sound of her voice, trembling and broken, would be the sweetest music. Those soft, pink lips quivering as I toy with her, the sweetness of her fear and confusion filling the room.

I couldn't wait to tear apart the angelic façade, to twist her innocence until nothing of it remained. Her body would be mine to mold, her every reaction mine to witness. The anticipation gnawed at me, and I longed to hear her helpless cries, the soft whimpers that would escape as I pushed her further into the darkness.