Chapter Nineteen

Damion and Hisa froze, while Sachiko and Yurika exchanged glances. As soon as Sachiko was about to question what was going on, the male popped his head in the door. His hair was a few shades darker than Sachiko's, and about half of a foot taller than her, too.

It was easy to tell that the two were related, but Damion and Hisa had no idea who he was. Yurika knew, however. His name was Aito, and he was Sachiko's older brother.

"Where are we, Sachiko?" Aito was practically bouncing with excitement.

Sachiko shook her head in confusion. "Before I answer that, how did you get here?"

"I stepped in a puddle."

"With both feet at the same time?" Sachiko raised an eyebrow.

Aito nodded. "That's oddly specific. But yeah, I did. And then I ended up here. It feels like it's endless."

Sachiko looked back at Diana for help, but the cat was studying the map that Sachiko gave her.

"Are you going to tell me where I am now?" Aito was leaning against the doorframe, still waiting for the answer to his original question.

Sachiko opened her mouth to answer her brother's query, but Yurika beat her to it.

"We're in an alternate dimension. The puddle you stepped in wasn't really a puddle, it was a portal that led to here. Any other questions?"

Aito had a blank look on his face, like he was processing everything, but then a smirk crept across his face.

"So this is what you do in your free time, sasquatch? Travel to other dimensions? I'm almost positive Mom would approve."

Sachiko sighed and rolled her eyes. "No Aito. I do not travel to other dimensions in my free time. I'm here on a mission-" she stopped herself.

Aito's jaw dropped. "You're on a mission?! For what? And what are you wearing?" he took in the room and what everyone else was wearing, lingering a little longer on Yurika.

"If I tell you everything, will you keep it a secret from Mom?" Sachiko reluctantly attempted to make a compromise.

Mirroring a puppy who was asked to play fetch, Aito nodded eagerly.

"Alright, sit down, Aito."

~

"So, let me get this straight. You're basically Sailor Moon with your gorgeous best friend and her boyfriend?" Aito teased Sachiko.

Damion lunged for Aito, but Yurika put a hand in front of him to stop him. He sat back down and glared at Sachiko's brother.

"Sure. But leave them alone," she jerked her head towards Yurika and Damion.

Everyone could see that Aito was trying to hold in a laugh, but he was unsuccessful.

"For what it's worth, you are extremely immature." Sachiko crossed her arms and had a frustrated look on her face.

Aito, still smiling, replied, "Yeah, yeah."

Diana spoke for the first time in minutes. "Now that you know all of this, are you going to join us in this dangerous mission?"

Aito's eyes lit up. He rose from where he was sitting and crossed the room, walking over to Diana. "Yeah! It sounds awesome!"

The cat looked over at Sachiko for confirmation. "You're alright with this?"

"Yes." Sachiko nodded.

"Then it's settled. Aito will join us. We do, however, need to get you some training if we can't find a crystal to enchant for you. Training will begin tomorrow. The rest of you can afford extra practice as well. You too, Hisa," Diana looked at Hisa and then back at the rest of the group. "You five should get going. You still haven't found all of the pieces of crystal, and the longer you wait, the easier it'll be for Tama."