🐉Petition conclusions🐉

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the king's voice on this and all other matters." Otto spoke, his voice echoing through the hall, lowering himself to sit on the throne. Vaera hid a smile as she watched him go as far as to move his sleeves so no skin itself was touching the cursed seat.

"The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." He summoned.

Said man smugly looking at her younger brothers before moving to stand front and center. "My Queen" He bowed to Alicent "My lord Hand. The history of our noble houses extends beyond the seven kingdoms to the days of old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and to their name." 

His prideful eyes glanced over Vaera, Addam, and Alyn. 

"I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat." Vaera raised a brow sneaking a peak at Rhaenys who rolled her eyes. "I am Lord Corlys's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of house Velaryon runs through my veins."

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. Just as it does in my daughters. If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and your own ambition." Rhaenyra hissed but did not look at Vaemond once. Vaera found the display much like that of a pitiful hen, desperately clasping to those eggs she knew no one cared to let her keep. She met Deamon's stare again, the man seemingly refusing to look away from her. 

But how could he not, he missed her. She had stopped meeting him years ago with one excuse after another. He sent gifts, one more lavish than the last. but there his vixen stood vexing him with that smile on her plump lips he just wanted to bite away. The mother of his son, in the arms of another, not to mention that one-eyed cunt dared to smirk at him like he knew something while he stood suspiciously close to Vaera's back.

"You will have the chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard." Alicent sassed catching Rhaenyra's eyes.

Vaemond turned to fully face Rhaenyra, who immediately turned her face to avoid meeting his gaze. "What do you know of Velaryon blood, princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognize it. This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours. The only chance of survival yours I dare say will see will be through your only daughter, the one you cast aside."

Vaemond turned back to face the throne, "My queen, my lord hand. This is a matter of blood, not ambition." 

Luke's eyes turned meeting that of Aemond's blank stare, his heart thudded in his chest before he looked away meeting that of his eldest sisters. He missed her and looked up to her, yet she did not reply to any of his ravens. She discreetly nodded to him, instantly calming him. He gave her a small smile back before looking back to the front, rather afraid to catch his uncle's eye again. How did his sister survive here alone?