xxix . where the race ends

____________________________________

Madrid,Spain

2023

____________________________________

Hearing a bang from outside the door made Alex jump out of her sleep and she hadn't realized it.
She stared at Jonás who stormed back in with a gun.

"Get up."Jonás snapped as he want over and cut the ties off her wrist and then pulled her up to her feet.

"What in the hell -- "Alex went to say but shut up when he pointed the gun to at the back of her head,while grabbing her arm and pulling her towards Nick's red car.

"You're driving,Alexandria."Jonás told her while holding the keys infront of her face.

"Fine."Alex snapped before snatching the keys out his hand and getting into the car on the driver's side."Get in the car."

Alex glances at her father from the driver's side as he got into the passenger side and wait for her que to go as she started the car.

"Drive."Jonás told her.

Alex pressed as hard as she could to break the wood door.She quickly turned the wheel and got onto the street.She saw a car driving behind her and recognized it as Nick.

"Alright,the roundabout."Her father said as he pointed for her to turn and cocks his gun.

As soon as she turned the corner,she saw her mother and stepfather.Her father shot at them but Will blocked it with the bag of money before it could hit them.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"Alex yelled as she quickly got back on the main road and grabbed his arm."Leave them alone!"

"Get the fuck off me!"He yells in response.

"God fucking damnit,Nicholas."Alex muttered to herself while trying to get Nick off her tail as she drove."Why are you doing this?Just take the fucking money and go."She snapped at Jonás while handling the clutch.

"You're engaging on the clutch too soon."He comments while watching her drive."Don't release until it starts to struggle."

Turning a corner,she stops the car before shaking her head and reversing the car to avoid a cop.

Alex drove into a stack of pool floats to distract the other driver on her tail,she turns around and drive towards the beach.

"That's it.Good."Jonás praised and Alex glared at him.

She brakes around a curve and continues driving while he looked at her,impressed."Good job."

"Why didn't you do this?Why didn't you always act like this when we drove together?Why weren't you like this with Noah when you drove with her?"She asks with her voice slightly breaking and tears in her eyes.

"Like now,right?"He asks.

"We were a team,I was happy,Noah was happy."She said with her tears falling.

"Shit,so was I."Jonás says while looking away from her and out the window."What a great year,remember?Coming first over all,two more races away from becoming world champion."

Alex just bit back her sobs and let all her tears fall.She tried her hardest to stay strong,she just wanted this to be over and be back home in Nick's arms.