18 June 2015

The other day during an art class a friend said to me " I'm logical" to which I replied "How is that so?" She later replied "Because my dad is". Ok, that obviously doesn't work out well, but it got me thinking... people are always searching for ways to change themselves, whether it me mentally or physically. People are now thinking "We've heard all this before", I think back "So have I". But the main question I had ruminating in my head that day was "Why do people care?". I've never actually worked out why.

There are lots of different qualities to a person. They may be logical and energetic at the same time or charismatic and idiotic. Things like this make life interesting. How boring would it be if everyone looked the same, sounded the same, acted the same way etc. The diversity would be completely gone. You always hear that "just be yourself" bullshit. Sure, you could run with that, but the you, you imagine yourself to be and who you really are, are two different things. So what I'm thinking is. If you're lucky enough to be a unique, loud, charismatic, dramatic individual, why change? If a guy says he only likes shy girls, give him a reason to like the loud ones. And when you start realising the difference it makes being the person you really are rather than the person you want to be. Then you will achieve ultimate happiness. I realised this all in a single moment whilst painting in an art class. By one comment from a single person.