Chapter 2- Dumb Nicknames

26 April 2023 Tuscany, Italy

"Are you ready babe?" I heard the familiar voice of my boyfriend call through the bathroom door I found myself smiling looking back at the mirror,  after like 20 minutes of deciding an outfit I settled on a black long sleeve turtleneck, that hugged my curves beautifully.

I decided to pair it with a black pencil skirt that was layered on top of a pair of black tights. I decided to apply some makeup, not to much tough since I didn't bring a lot with me. I quickly threw on a black blazer and a purse. I sighed deeply before opening the door and meeting Lando's gaze he was wearing a black button up with the top button undone, he was also wearing black trousers with a black belt.

And he looked damn good wearing it.

"You look.." He trailed of his eyes scanning my body I let out a small giggle. He stepped closer to me placing one hand  on my waist and using the other to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear, I felt my breaths get heavier but he just smiled at me and he placed his hand on my chin "You look gorgeous." He whispered before he leaned in closer to kiss me. After he pulled away his eyes trailed my body again, and I couldn't stop myself from smiling. "You ready?" He asked with a smile I nodded and he took hold of my hand leading me outside of the hotel.

Tuscany was absolutely beautiful, I was proud that it was in my home country. And that it was the place I grew up in. As we got to the car Lando reached over to open the door for me I quickly got into the car and he closed the door behind me. He walked around and sat down in the driver seat. I smiled as he drove out the car park but soon the thing dawned on me. "Uh Lan?" I spoke up and he nodded "Yeah?" He asked. "Uhm what if people catch us together though?" I ask fidgeting with the rings on my fingers. He chuckled "This is Tuscany we're talking about baby, no one really cares." He reassured and I just laughed "Yeah guess so.." I mumbled I smiled "Can I play some music?" I asked holding up my phone, he smiled keeping his eyes on the road "Yeah of course just connect your phone!" He agreed taking the next left and then continuing to go straight.

"What song?" I question and he just shrugs I just nod and go to my playlist and decide to scroll and randomly pick something. 'Getaway Car' began playing and I just found myself smiling he shook his head "I swear to god your a Swiftie or something." He chuckled and I shook my head "I'm not a die hard fan but her music is good." I argued. "That's literally what every fan says about anything." He added I just shook my head "That makes like no sense but somehow I understood it?" I chuckled and he just smiled. "I might just start calling you a swifte every day." He teased and I shook my head "No thank you, Annabelle works just fine." I replied as the song went on Lando ended up humming along and I knew I would tease him about it later.

After he parked the car we made our way inside the restaurant, it looked fancy. Lando and I walked up to the hostess "Norris table for 2?" Lando asked and the woman nodded. We were taken to a small round table accessorised with fake candles and 2 wine glasses as well as your usual  cutlery and salt and pepper shakers. Lando pulled out one of the 2 chairs and gestured for me to sit which I did. He then took the seat across from me.

"I feel weird being here." I sigh looking around admiring the aesthetic of the restaurant. "Why?" He asked taking my hands in his rubbing small circles on the back of my hand. "I don't know? Just feels to fancy for me." I giggled and he smiled.

Later on whilst we were engaging in a conversation I looked into his eyes and tilted my head. "Do you have any middle names?" I asked he shook his head "No just Lando Norris." He replied and I felt the corner of my lips curl "That's pretty boring.." I teased and he just shook his head "Oh really what's your full name then?" He challenged "Annabelle- Elena Silva" I answered and he grinned "Your last name is Silver?" He asked in a joking manner. "No? It's Silva!" I argued and he just shook his head and laughed "We're saying the same thing!" He defended himself.

"Oh my goodness - Are we speaking the same language? Cause your acting like an idiota." I groaned and he just gasped dramatically "Look I'm not that stupid you just called me an idiot." He faked a offended tone. "You know silver, this bullying can really affect my mental health." He kept pushing I let my head fall in my hands "Dio mi dia la forza non lo strangolare me stesso e lui." [God give me the strength, not the strangle myself and him.] I muttered under my breath and he raised an eyebrow.

"C'mon silver what did you say?" He whined and I looked up at him "Nothing, Idiota." I whispered with a fake smile on my face. He shook his head and just as he was about to retaliate against the nickname the waitress came over. "Buonasera, what can I get you guys?" The waitress asked smiling at me and Lando I smiled before answering. "Una pasta Amatriciana, e una pasta alla carbonara per favore." I told the waitress and she just nodded walking away. I turned to face Lando again and met his blueish -green eyes I found myself smiling at him. "So Silver, what do you rate my dinner planning skills of out ten?" He chimed in and I decided to tease him a little bit. "For that nickname, negative 10 out of 10." I replied with a grin plastered on my face. "Okay, wow. Just wow" He replied nodding and looking away.

———.。o♡———

The rest of the night consisted of us laying in the hotel bed and watching a movie. I was laying with my head on his chest one his hands resting at my lower back whilst the other was laying at my lower stomach his legs were tangled with mine.

A couple of minutes later I felt him remove the hand of my waist and wrap it around my shoulder pressing me closer to him.
"Annabelle?.." He whispered and I hummed in response. "You don't seriously think the dinner was a negative 10 out of 10 do you?.." He added and I found myself smiling. "Of course I was joking babe. I think the date was absolutely incredible." I whispered with a smile on my face I lifted my head up and leaning in to kiss him and he kissed me back.

That's when I figured things were alright as they were.

A/N: Okay, okay. Second chapter done! I'm sorry if it's quite short I feel like it's a bit rushed but I was for some reason sort of rushing to write it since I had lots of ideas spring to mind. :) lmk what you think!!
ALSO I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY BOOK IS NUMBER TEN IN JOURNALISM LIKE WTH?! I WAS ACC SO SURPRISED SO THANK YOU!!

- Daria :)