ch. 6

𓆩♡𓆪

After dreading over quarterly tests, your grades were finally released. They lived up to your satisfaction and expectations and your mother was definitely proud. You had a week break from school to rest up and get ready for the next quarter.

Before the last day of the quarter ended, you had to say goodbye to Inarizaki. As they were all boarding the bus, Atsumu sobs out to you.

"'M gonna miss you [name]! Don't forget to text me!" Atsumu wails, receiving a hit from his brother. "Yer' not obligated to text him, goodbye [name]." Osamu lightly bows in goodbye and pulls his brother along.

"Thank god that havoc's gone now." Sakusa tsked. "Atsumu was pretty fun to be around." You replied. Sakusa slowly turns to you with an eye twitch, he looks at you as if you were insane.

***

It was pretty early for a semester break, you thought. It was just the first semester and you already got 2 weeks off. But to be fair, it was only 1 week and the following week was full of government holidays.

You wanted to go out with Kira and hang out all week, doing what highschool girls usually do like sleepovers, going out to cafes and shopping together. But no, something terrible happens right when semestral break starts.

You wake up feeling fine, you walk downstairs to eat some breakfast until you hear your mother coughing. "Hey sweetheart, sorry for the noise but I have a bit of a cold today." She smiles as she serves your food.

"That's okay, you should rest up for today." You state, sitting down on your chair and starting eating your plate of food. Your day was going fine until it hit exactly 1:30 pm.. your body started to feel tired and heavy while your head felt a bit tight at the same time loose.

You feel your body temperature rise and the sooner you realize it, you got a fever. Right when semestral break starts and you were excited for the things you and Kira were supposed to do during the week.

As you were 'bedridden', Sakusa was a bit hesitant to text you first. Usually, you were the one who started conversations, but today, it was different. At first, Sakusa couldn't really lay a finger on what was missing on his day.

Maybe it was the fact he didn't clean his violin this week, but he remembers he did it this weekend. Maybe it's because he forgot to give Komori's shirt back? But Komori's visiting tomorrow so he can just give it back by then.

He starts to become frustrated, so he turns to his phone. As he opens it and goes to his contacts, that's where he realizes what was missing. You haven't texted anything since this morning or afternoon.

He starts to become anxious, what if you were mad at him for something he didn't do? Sakusa usually thinks he didn't do anything wrong unless he himself was pissed off from his own doing.

He opens your contact and types in a message.

Hey, are you okay?... That seems out of character, Sakusa thinks.

You good?... That's even more out of character, Sakusa frowns.

The boy sighs in defeat and opens his social media, trying to find ways on how to approach you. Until a cute cat video pops up. Sakusa sees this as a great opportunity.

This video reminded me of you. [Insert cat video link]... Sakusa's face lights up a bit. He waits for a response but 30 minutes later, still nothing.

Now Sakusa really starts to get worried. He rings up Komori since he knows his cousin's way more extroverted than him. "Hey Kiyo, what's up?" Komori picks up the phone as he takes a bite out of his food.