CHAPTER-9

As they were heading to the Mistford village, walking through a plain, Jie looked up at the sky as he felt a cold gush of wind hit his face.

Jie: Looks like it's gonna rain soon.

Nakoya looked up at the sky after Jie warned her. Zoru looked at both Nakoya and Jie. Feeling tired, he stopped crawling and sat down on the ground. Jie turned around and asked his partner:

Jie: Oh? Are you tired? We could stop for a while but we need to find shelter first.

Zoru nodded and crawled towards Jie.

Nakoya: Jie-San... how far till we get to the village?? We've been walking for...hours!

Jie turned to Nakoya and took out the map from his cloak. He was quiet for a moment and finally said:

Jie: it would take us half a day to get there...besides, the village would be easier to spot when it's evening or night.

Nakoya and Zoru were both frustrated and Nakoya let out an annoyed grunt and covered her face with her hands.

Jie: Yeah... I wasn't expecting it to be that far.. I'm sorry. Uh.. I think we should keep going.. or atleast find some shelter?

Nakoya: fine. Let's just... find some place to hide from the rain..

Jie: alright, watch out for any danger okay? It's not good to let your guard down in places like this. I remember my father telling me 110 years ago.

Nakoya: but... it's a plain.. field or whatever this is... what could be here? I mean it would be easy to spot wouldn't it?

Jie became serious all of a sudden and looked over his shoulder.
He then let out a light chuckle and said:

Jie: or is it?

He slowly unsheathed his sword and looked far behind him. Zoru immediately sensed what Jie was seeing and got in position to attack. Jie told Nakoya:

Jie: stay behind me. You may not be able to see it.

An invisible spirit.

The atmosphere suddenly became dense and the wind was starting to get stronger. Both Jie and Zoru had their guard up. There was nothing but silence, apart from the sound of wind and thunder from afar.

Jie's grip on his sword tightened and he was being very cautious. Zoru who was beside Jie, slowly created water arrows and waited till the spirit showed itself. Nakoya was nervous and was looking around her as well.

After a while, the spirit revealed itself and sprinted towards the trio. Nakoya's heart was beating rapidly and she couldn't calm down. Jie however, ran towards the spirit without any fear or neither any hesitation.
He had to kill it.

The spirit was about 15 meters long and was crawling on its limbs. It had white skin and it's eyes and mouth were stitched together. Jie was surprised of how it could see and sense him despite having its eyes stitched together.
(A/N: spirit inspiration: Ghost devil from chainsaw man :P )

The spirit was quite agile and managed to dodge all of Jie's attacks. Zoru was feeling frustrated and decided to attack the spirit. It was of no use. The spirit was just too fast. He shot arrows at it but it had no effect.
Jie was also starting to feel a little frustrated and decided to put more effort and be serious.

He moved around incredibly fast, letting the spirit have no time to attack. Jie's agility managed to get him to cut off both legs of the spirit. Zoru took the opportunity to create a chain and tied it up.  Jie looked at the helpless spirit and landed on the ground from mid air. He then cut off the spirit's neck with no hesitation and sheathed his sword back in.