Eleven: Black Magic (Part One)

Hi guys, I'm super busy right now preparing for another Unfamous shoot (we're in our final week of filming -check out the behind the scenes pics on weareunfamous.tumblr.com), but I thought I'd drop what I've written of the new chapter.

While you wait for the 2nd half, check out The Unfamous (Books 1 & 2) and watch the trailer, the link's in my bio. Online series coming soon ON YOUTUBE.COM/UNFAMOUSSERIES < SUBSCRIBE!!!! 

ENJOY, VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE AND BECOME A FAN ;)

                                                                            :::Darius::: 

I leant against the doorway and watched her pull trinkets out of her leather fringed shoulder bag; a variety of stones, crystals, herbs, ashes and liquids. Although there were seats available, she chose to push them all against the wall and plant herself in the middle of the conservatory on her embroidered blanket…naturally. I rolled my eyes; she could be such a cliché. Her back was to me, covered in a sheet of straight raven hair that pooled around her on the floor; I don’t think she’s ever cut her hair, it was much longer than I remembered, then again, it had been a while since our last encounter.

“It’s rude to stare,” she peered at me over her shoulder revealing her kohl lined almond eyes. She gestured at me with her henna painted hand, her many beads and bangles clinking and rattling as she moved, “Come, sit.”

 She looked back down at her trinkets and started organising them. I pushed off of the wall and stepped into the glass room that looked out onto my vast grounds.

She stuck her hand out abruptly,

“Only the day walker; Anna Maria is not welcome.”

Maria, who had insisted on coming with me, clenched her fists at her sides, battling the urge to kill her, the only thing stopping her being my strict orders forbidding her from doing it.

I touched her shoulder to calm her. She scowled at me; she was in a bad mood because of the way she had found me with Lyric, and now the witch forbidding her from moving freely in her home was adding to her temperament.

It was rare that I took orders from anyone, but she wasn’t anyone. She was Seraphina Xao, one of the world’s most powerful witches of all time.

“May I ask why, Seraphina?”

Seraphina graced us with her enchanting profile again, “I trust her even less than I trust you, day walker,” she sneered.

Seraphina’s trust issues with me, extended beyond me being a vampire.

I smirked at her, amused by her cattiness,

“Very well. Maria, leave us,”

Maria’s mouth fell open,

“Darius, you can’t be serious!”

“I will not speak with her present,” Seraphina piped up with finality in her tone, grinding some herbs in her stone bowl. I looked down at Maria, projecting the enforcement of Seraphina’s wishes to her through my eyes.

Maria wrung her hands together and gritted her teeth. I could sense that she didn’t want to leave my side out of envy from seeing me all over Lyric, and now sending her away to be alone with my former lover who she had been unsuccessful in killing, but there was something else...

I made a show of stroking her face in a short-lived calming motion, and she relaxed a little, making her thoughts clearer to me. Maria wanted to know what connection Seraphina had to Lyric as it would reveal to her Lyric’s importance to me. I couldn’t have that.