Chapter 3 (Virgil)

Once Logan and Sergeant; his German Shepherd, had left for the day, I decided I would make myself some breakfast. He had pop tarts, a variety of cereals including Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops or as I like to call them, gay Cheerios.

He also had these Belvita cookie sandwich things too. I decided to try one and it was dark chocolate cream. Damn if that isn't delicious!

I also had a glass of milk with it, hoping my temporary host wouldn't mind.

I ended up turning the TV on shortly thereafter and onto the news.

I choked on my own spit upon seeing who's mugshot was on the screen.

"D...Dillon?!" I realized. I heard that he was on the run!

"A wanted man by the name Dillon Kirk was found running away from his residence after shooting and killing a Ft. Lauderdale police officer this morning."

Good riddance. He's finally getting what he deserves! Hopefully the Ft. Lauderdale police catch him and put him in prison to rot until he finally dies!

~-~

That was the only update on my now ex-boyfriend I got all day. That is until I was cooking dinner.

My phone rang and I hesitated on picking it up. I'm not one to just answer the phone without knowing the caller ID. Fucking social anxiety.

But I recognized the number. I picked up, immediately regretting my decision to do so.

"Hello Virgil~"

"What do you want?" I asked, surprisingly staying calm.

"I was just calling to check on you. See where you're at perhaps?" He said, oh so innocently.

"Nice try, Kirk. I'll never tell you."

"What if I told you I'm going to attack Disney World? As I always told you I would? Huh? What do you think about that?!" He inquired.

"I think you're completely insane but good luck with that, Dillon," I replied, completely unfazed. "Besides, we both know the FBI'll find out sooner rather than later and they'll place you into a federal prison where you belong." I added.

"You seriously think they'll finally catch me? Virgil, darling, that's adorable that you think such a thing. But they never will. And you'll never tell anybody anything! Understood?" He replied, sounding hopeful by the end.

"Whatever, just...don't call me again!" I exclaimed, hanging up on the man.

I finished making the chicken fajitas as the garage door opened and closed, signaling to me that Logan was home.

Speaking of, the man of the hour walked in the door with Sergeant hot in his heels, happy to be home. The dog sniffed my ankles and found some chicken I accidentally dropped on the floor while cooking at some point during my unwanted conversation with Dillon.

Logan hung his keys up on the hangar by the garage door and removed his suit jacket along with his indigo and black striped tie. He immediately went to his bedroom and returned not quite five minutes later.

"Good evening Virgil. I hope you had a pleasant day today." He said, getting himself a cup of tea.

"Yea...you can say that I guess." I replied, unsure if I should tell him about my conversation with Dillon and his plans.

"Something troubling you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow with mild concern.

"You...can say that." Was all I could say to him. Thankfully he didn't press for more information. I served up the chicken fajitas and we ate on opposite sides of his kitchen table. Sergeant laid at his side for a few minutes before moving to my side of the table for the remainder of the meal.

"It appears that Sergeant likes you. He doesn't like a lotta people." Logan stated toward the end of dinner.

"Really? This morning he was trying to gouge my eyes out under your bed..." I replied, blushing slightly at the embarrassing memory.

"Hahaha. Yes, that's true. But now that he knows you're not a threat, to me at least, he seems quite fond of you Virgil." He pointed out.

"Haha, I guess that's true. That or he wants me to drop some food. Sorry buddy but you're not getting my fajitas. They could do terrible things to your insides." I said, petting the dog.

"If you don't mind me asking, who was your boyfriend?"

I nearly choked on my fajita. "Name starts with a 'D.' That's all I'm saying. Why do you ask?" I replied.

"Just curious. Also, I never asked you what you do for a living."

"I uh...I used to work for my ex. Not only was it a painful relationship, but the things he made me do just to get money to survive..." I trailed off not wanting to think about it. I squeezed my eyes tight trying to block it all out.

"Oh, I see."

"What do you do? If you don't mind me asking?" I flipped the question on him.

"Not at all Virgil. I work for the FBI."

My heart stopped. "The F. B. I?" I inquired, stunned.

AN: I hope y'all are enjoying this fic! I wanted to say that it will only be told from Virgil and Logan's perspectives mainly because at this point, I have written 22 chapters with their perspectives.