Chapter 25 (Virgil)

Warnings: Nightmare, Dillon (nightmare and on the news), hospital, anxiety and pain medications, anxiety, shoulder pain, brief mention of Logan's revenge, a bar 

Two Weeks Later...

I found myself in complete darkness upon opening my eyes. I felt the sharp pain in my right shoulder though. However, it was significantly duller than I remember...

Anyway, I was in darkness. That is until I heard a maniacal cackle from my left. I instinctively put my hands up and my feet into a boxer's stance, ready to fight if need be. Then, the pain in my right shoulder got worse as I felt him touch it.

"Ah! No, please don't hurt m...me. Dill...Dillon. Please..." I begged, afraid.

Then, I felt my left shoulder being shaken a bit but in a reassuring way. I listened for a voice.

"Virgil! It's okay. Wake up. You are experiencing a nightmare." Logan said.

I avoided Dillon's intense stare as he watched me. I succeeded in opening my eyes, finding myself in a well lit hospital room? Oh God oh God oh God! I'm in a hospital?! Why...right, the shoulder injury and most likely everything else Dillon did to me.

"L...Logan? What happened? All I remember is a knife hitting me right in the shoulder and vaguely remembering him h...hurting me. In more ways than I c...can count." I inquired, signing weakly.

"You know ASL? Since when?" He asked, signing back, a concerned look on his face.

I chuckled, weakly. "Since I've been trapped at Dillon's. Anyway, can you a...answer my question p...please?" I pushed, needing a straight answer. I was still signing. I couldn't use my actual words to speak. I was so weak.

"Oh yes. Of course. After the shoulder incident, I punched the living daylights out of Dillon. I am frankly glad you have no recollection of that if I am being honest. Hahaha," He laughed it off, making me smile a little at him.

"Then what?"

"Roman brought me to the ambulance you were being taken away in and I was allowed to ride with you. It has been two weeks since then, Vee." He replied.

It took a moment for me to process this information. "Wait, did you say t...two w...weeks? Oh no..." I said, aloud. My voice was barely above a whisper.

"Stormcloud, it's quite alright. Actually, I may or may not have accidentally stumbled across something while you were trapped in that dreaded household." He answered, his hands noticeably trembling.

I grabbed a hold of them with my left hand, despite the IV in it. Then, he pulled something out of his coat pocket. It was a black velvet box!

Oh dear... he found it! I was going to propose on his birthday in November!

"Y...you found it." Was all I could say. My voice was shaky and barely audible and I knew it.

"Y...yes, I did. I didn't mean to! I was simply cleaning the house one day and I came across it in one of your nightstand drawers. Nice hiding place might I add~" He replied, flirtatiously wiggling his eyebrows at me. I felt my cheeks heat up at the action.

"I know this isn't romantic or anything, but can I have it for a second, please?" I requested signing now.

He nodded and handed the box to me. "Don't worry, I didn't see what it looks like. I simply put two and two together and knew what it was." He said.

I inaudibly laughed and opened the box, revealing the blue sapphire ring inside it. He gasped in response. I giggled at his reaction. I had sat up, uncomfortably to do this.