v. delusions

JOEL TURNED HIS body around to see the Governor pointed a pistol right at them, a look of pure rage on his face before he disappeared into the smoke from the bomb. Rowan's yells of pain became louder as Joel picked her up and started running as fast as he could, trying to dodge the flying bullets. Maggie, Glenn, Oscar led Joel to behind a van, where he placed Rowan on the ground.

"No, no, no." He muttered as he lifted up Rowan's shirt.

The blood spilled from her bullet wound. A loud cry echoed through the streets as he pressed down on it.

"You're gonna be okay." Joel nodded, his voice shaky as if he didn't even believe himself.

"I'm gonna die." Rowan cried in between breaths of pain. "I'm not ready, I don't want to die, Joel..."

"No! No, you are not going to die." Joel shook his head, rubbing the tears off her face as his fell down his own.

"I'm not ready to go, Joel!"

Rowan's blood covered hand reached for his wrist, holding it firmly as the blood leaked from her mouth, and dripped down her neck. Maggie dropped to her knees as she saw Rowan's injury. Rowan's chest rose up and down aggressively as she locked eyes with Maggie. Joel took his shirt off and tore it into a long piece of cloth, wrapping it around Rowan's waist to stop the bleeding.

"Joel!" She screamed out as he tightened the shirt into a knot. "It hurts...it really hurts. I'm so scared..."

"I know, baby, I know." Joel cried, holding her hand. "You squeeze my hand, okay? Squeeze it as hard as you can."

Rowan did so. She grabbed hold of his hand, squeezing so hard Joel winced at the pain, but he didn't stop her. The blood leaked quicker every minute, the knot over her wound almost completely soaked in her blood. Rowan felt herself go lightheaded, and her entire body felt weak.

"Joel..." She mumbled as her eyes slowly fluttered closed. "I can't feel..."

Joel grabbed Rowan's arms, shaking her to try and wake her up.

"No, no...NO!" He screamed. "Rowan open your eyes, stay with me, stay with me baby girl, please..." he sobbed, dragging her towards him, holding her cheek in his hand.

"Rick! Daryl! We gotta go now!" Glenn called out as Maggie and Joel sobbed over Rowan's almost lifeless body.

Oscar jumped up onto the van, taking Rowan off Joel for a split second before he forced himself up and jumped up on the other side, grabbing hold of her again. Glenn got up next, Oscar following after them. Oscar then screamed out as a bullet drove deep into his side, too. He dropped off the van, landing on the ground.

"Rick!" Maggie called out, grabbing Oscar.

She stood up, and shot a bullet into Oscars skull to prevent him from turning before she jumped up onto the van, still calling out for Rick and Daryl. Rick climbed up, calling for Daryl, who stayed on the ground shooting his gun repeatedly.

The cell block gate flew open as Joel bursted in, Rowan laying in his arms, alone.

"Hershel!" Joel yelled as he stumbled into the cell block.

Carl, Carol and Hershel emerged from their cells, Beth nearly fell to her knees at the sight of Rowan being carried almost lifeless.

"Oh my god..." Carol muttered in utter shock as Rowan was carried into the nearest cell.

"She got shot," Joel mumbled, as Glenn tried to pull him away from the gruesome scene. "He shot her, that motherfucker shot her!"

"Hey, it's okay, come here." Beth told him, holding him away from the cell to calm down. She pulled him into a tight hug, trying to stop him from looking over to see Hershel revealing the nasty wound.