| Slide In |

Ace

Ma Shila was celebrating another year of marriage to Mr. Samson but this time she wanted to come to Florida, my mom said she'd some too with Tyla. Kurt offered his home to our moms, so everyone could be together. Kurt was on his last rep for today and I was glad for it. Zhi and I argued so much this week I barely got any sleep. He was upset at the fact that Trouble called me, he said I shouldn't be letting him interfere with our business.

"That's it, I'm done." Kurt put the kettlebell down. He snatched the towel off the bench to wipe his face, then drunk some water. "Whew!"

"You did good, today." Ace patted his back.

"Thanks, so are you and Zhi going to be staying also? Tanisha just wanted a headcount."

"I'm not sure yet,"

"Things still not good?" They took a seat on the bench.

"Not really, I told him he had to stop with the girls and he didn't take it too good."

"I never got why you gave him that option or why he agreed to it. It's all kind of getting played out. I like Zhi, but you my brother, he need to tighten up." Kurt wiped his face again.

"He's mainly mad about..."

"About my nigga Trouble calling, I know." Kurt smiled. "Trouble a grown ads man, and I'm still sour you ain't choose him, because this shit wouldn't have even been a problem. But since you did choose him, he need to prove to you why he was the right choice." Kurt stood up. "It still ain't too late for Trouble to slide in."

"Don't do that," I shook my head.

"You know he coming to your mom anniversary weekend. You remember what happened last time all y'all got together." Kurt teased.

"No, not this time. I think I had enough fun that night." Ace laughed.

"We'll see."

*******************************************

Carter

"So we will just drive up for a couple hours, we're not staying right?" I asked.

"I mean, we could stay. They have plenty of room."

"Yea but it will be a bit awkward, it was different because you and Ace dated, but now you both don't. I don't think it's necessary for us to sleep there." I really didn't want to.

"I mean I get your point, we can at least get a hotel room, we will be drinking and neither of us should drive home."

"I'm fine with that. What do you think his mom would want as a gift?" Carter asked.

"She is honestly one of those people who just likes to see everyone show up for her." Trouble shrugged.

"I feel like I should get her something,"

"I'll reach out to Ace," he said it like it was no big deal.

"No, look it was okay the other night because he was going through something but you can't just have a casual conversation with him on the regular. It's not okay."

"I haven't spoken to him since and didn't plan on it." Trouble walked towards me and held on to my waist, pulling me in for a kiss. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm not trying to make to feel invisible or insecure."

I took a deep breath. "I don't mean to sound bossy, I just want to make sure our priorities aren't being mixed up. We are for each other and no one else."

"Of course," he kissed my lips, giving me butterflies like it was our first time. "You are my priority."

"Okay,"