| Shattered |

Carter

"You said you think you saw someone outside the condo?"

"Yes, I forgot something in the car, so I went back to get it and they took off running. I just think we should get a Ring Camera."

"Well, I had a camera system but it was damaged and I never fixed it, well it was damaged outside. I had it setup throughout the condo also."

"You never told he that, so we are being recorded right now?"

"Yeah," he laughed. "I never check it though, so you don't need to freak out."

"Yeah, but maybe we can see if the inside cameras picked up on anything."

"Uh, I doubt that, I mean they were made to only see what's going on in here, they wouldn't be able to see outside."

"Can I just see, just to put my mind at ease? Is it in your phone or something?"

Trouble

All I could think about was Ace staying overnight while Carter was in Paris. There was no way I could let him see right now, I would need to delete all of that footage. "I really don't even remember my password and how to get into my account, like I said, I never check it."

"We can call customer service and give them all your info and we could easily access your account."

"Later okay," I said to him.

"Trouble I'm scared, let's do it now. We aren't busy, why are you being so chill about this?"

"It probably was some teenagers, them lil bad ass kids always playing out here."

"Can you at some point today please call customer service?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Thank you."

No thank you, because I would of had to figure out a reason to argue, just so I don't have to show the footage. Should I just tell him? I've waited for so long now, I'm not sure how he'd respond. He could wanna leave me and he'd have every right but I want him. Nothing happened but at the same time a lot did. He's already insecure, about my feelings towards Ace and he's not wrong. Carter left to go have lunch with Tanisha and I went to find the footage from that day, found it and deleted it. My phone was glitching but it said it deleted. I did some work and eventually took a nap.

Carter

"He was being laid back about it, and he didn't see the reason we should check the camera."

"Hmm, that is strange, if you have all his info then call customer service yourself and pretend to be him."

"You are right, because he's probably not going to do it...maybe I will be doing him a favor."

"It's just a man thing, they don't take much stuff seriously." Tanisha dipped her lobster tail in sauce.

"Trouble is pretty thoughtful for the most part, which is why I'm a little irritated about this, but it's not enough to be mad at him. We'll talk when I go back home." I started peeling my shrimp.

Tanisha dropped me off about a hour and a half later. I was stuffed and just wanted to curl up with my man. The condo was quiet and dark, his ass must've drifted off to sleep. I took off everything and hopped in the shower to get that seafood smell off me. I brushed my teeth and put my dirty close in the hamper. He was snoring a little so I knew he was out for at least until evening. I saw his phone beside him and thought about what Tanisha said. I picked up the phone and was about to step outside to call customer service but he was already looking through footage. I smiled at him, he did it after all.

I scooted back to the head board and noticed he had tried to delete something, and that was suspicious. I should maybe just put his phone down. I see that he did figure out the Ring info and that's all I needed to know. I put his phone back beside him and laid down, but I just couldn't resist, I was curious. I picked his phone back up and tapped on what he tried to delete. I looked closely and see....Ace! Ace entering our home when nobody is there, he appears upset. A few hours later I see Trouble come home, he walks toward the living room. He notices Ace, he lifts up his chin, I can see that he appears to have been in a fight. The sound isn't great. They go back in forth, Ace goes to leave and I almost exhale, but Trouble stops him, they hug. They hug for a long time, a very intimate hug. Trouble goes to our room and Ace to the guest room. I almost exhale again, but hours later, Trouble wakes up to get something from the kitchen. He stops at the guest room door, he walks inside. He's in there for awhile, the camera doesn't show inside there. They don't come out until the next morning. My heart stops. I drop the phone.

I cover my mouth with my hands, and try to control my breathing. Oh no, did he? Did they? In the home we share, the guess room where we've made love numerous times. The sheets....I ran to the guess room and pulled everything off the bed. I gathered the sheets and pillowcases and ran to the trash and threw them away. I went to the kitchen for cleaning stuff and started wiping everything down in there, drowning the mattress in Lysol. I opened up the window once I felt lightheaded. Then I went back into our room, I stood over him, and before I knew it...

Trouble

I woke up to something hitting my back,and I turned to see Carter in rage. I was still half sleep and my brain was trying to register what was going on. I stood up and grabbed him and flipped him onto the bed. "Carter what the fuck is you problem?"

"You slept in the guest room with Ace, he was here while I wasn't.? You let him stay here!" He yelled.

I backed up searching for my phone but he pulled it from pocket and threw it. "Looking for that, you piece of shit!" Tears were coming down his face.

"Carter, just...yes you have a right to be angry with me"

"Thank you for your fucking permission." He stood up and looked me in my eyes. "Did you fuck him?"

"No! I didn't, I swear to you."

"I don't believe a word that comes out of your damn mouth, I trust nothing you say. This is why you didn't wanna look at the camera. It all makes sense now," he shook his head.

"He showed up unexpectedly because him and Zhi got into it and he just needed someone to talk to."

"He tried to leave, why did you stop him?"

"Fuck, he's my friend baby, he said he was okay but he wasn't."

"Why did you spend the night in the guest room with him?"

"Nothing happened, I heard him crying on my way back to our room and I don't know...I felt bad for him."

"So you went in there and made sweet love to him, so all would be right his world? That was your solution? Because Ace gets what Ace wants."

"No, no..I didn't have sex with him, in fact we both came to an understanding that I love you, even more than him. I tried walking close to him but he pushed me. "I hate yo ass, you don't value me. I am a literal game to you, a joke and you and Ace are laughing your asses off at me."

"What's to laugh about?"

"No, what's to fight about at this point? You never going to let him go." He went to his side of the bed, climbed under the covers and sobbed.

"Carter, I am so sorry baby."

He just continued to cry. "If your goal was to break me, I'm shattered." Is all he said.

Was carter right to check his phone?

What will happen next?

Who do y'all want to see together in the end?

Like and Please Comment 💕

Thank you all.