8

(UNEDITED)
Yeonjun woke up welcomed by the cold breeze that rested upon them. His breathing turned into condensation as it disappeared into the air. The boy sits up and removes his sleeping bag noticing that he is the only one awake. The fire from last night had vanished during the night leaving only a pile of charcoal dust behind. The sun hid behind the thick clouds but light was still able to travel within the cave.

The boy didn't notice that Beomgyu was lying beside him until he turned, but something felt strange. The summer guardian was shivering underneath his sleeping bag. Yeonjun slowly touched the boy to wake him up but Beomgyu didn't move at all. The Prince became worried and unzipped the cover of the sleeping bag exposing the guardian. Once again Yeonjun went over to wake up the boy but instead, his hands were met with a cold body, extremely cold.

"Beomgyu?" Yeonjun called out before flipping the boy over to face him. The Prince was taken back from the view, the bear-like boy was curled up against his own body shivering. His lips tinted with a blue color and his nose rose a dark red. The boy's skin was ice-cold, and Beomgyu was unresponsive.

Yeonjun quickly gets up and goes to wake up Soobin, who quickly responds upon hearing what is occurring. Soobin places his hand on Beomgyu's neck, "his body temperature is low, go wake up Taehyun" Soobin says his eyes becoming dark as all he can do is stare at Beomgyu's body. Taehyun rushes to the boy doing the same thing as Soobin was doing earlier.

"Kai, begin a fire. Yeonjun, collect all the blankets and everything you can find to cover him from the cold" Taehyun says, the boys get right to work without questions. The Prince hurries to collect all the blankets and coats he can find and quickly tucks Beomgyu under them, while Kai has started a fire that lit up the cave more than the light coming from outside. Soobin took off his coat and placed it on Kai, who seemed confused but accepted the gracious offer.

Taehyun boils some water over the fire and places some ginger and cinnamon into the small kettle. The others can only watch and hope that everything will be alright. Taehyun probably seemed the most worried, he kept making sure that Beomgyu's whole body was covered. The fall guardian poured some tea down Beomgyu's throat as the boy was unable to swallow on his own.

"Kai, let's go find some food," Soobin says standing up and grabbing Beomgyu's food pouch. "Will you guys be alright?" Soobin asks looking at Yeonjun and Taehyun.

"We got it" Yeonjun responds looking at Taehyun who nodded at Soobin as an answer.

Soobin seemed to hesitate to leave so Yeonjun gave him a reassuring smile before he turned around and left. Yeonjun felt the rest of the hours pass by slowly, he sat next to Taehyun helping the boy take care of Beomgyu, who was, fortunately, starting to stabilize his body temperature but still hadn't woken up.

Taehyun's eyes out of nowhere started to glow a bright orange color, he placed his hand on Beomgyu's forehead. Yeonjun looked over as he felt a breeze sweep inside the cave. It was almost like seeing a robot taking over Taehyun's body.

"What are you doing?" Yeonjun asks quietly.

"I'm healing him, it's one of my powers along with the manipulation of wind," Taehyun says his eyes going back to normal. The boy stares down at the summer guardian looking as his cheeks slowly become pink once again and his lips turn from blue to a reddish color.

"but my powers have become weaker, all of ours have," Taehyun says caressing Beomgyu's hair.

"Beomgyu has the power of light and vision, although he hasn't been able to control them. His last vision was before the narculises took over Witbriand. He saw and felt everything, all the pain and suffering before it even happened" Taehyun says touching the boy's cheek.

"What about Kai and Soobin?" Yeonjun asks.

"Kai controls natural elements while Soobin has the power of ice and frost. The narculises obtain the most powerful and deadly powers, fire, electricity, sound, and darkness" The fox-like boy says his ears twitching when he mentions the narculises.

Yeonjun felt almost numb, there was so much information to process about this mythical land and world. Things that he had never seen before, everything just felt so unknown. No matter how many answers he gets, the more questions he has.

Soobin and Kai appear from the entrance of the cave, holding the bloody bag.

Suddenly Beomgyu opened his eyes, the iris of his eyes were glowing yellow, just like how Taehyun's eyes were glowing earlier. It was almost like looking inside a chest filled with gold coins, and gold jewelry. Just by how fast they glowed just as quickly they vanished and turned back into the normal color of his eyes. Beomgyu quickly sits up in a panic, pulling away from Taehyun's touch. The summer guardian was breathing heavily as everyone rushed towards him. Taehyun hesitated but held his hand again anxiously, he seemed more calm when Beomgyu didn't push it away. It must just have been a reaction from something else.

"What's wrong Beomgyu?" Soobin asks.

Beomgyu could barely talk over his heavy breathing, it seemed like he had just been pulled out water after almost drowning. The bear-like boy looked up at the Winter guardian, his eyes carried so many emotions.

"Breathe slowly Beomgyu," Taehyun says softly, placing his hand behind the boy's back. The boy with bear ears took deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling, with Taehyun's guide until his heavy breathing calmed down and became normal.

"I had a vision" Beomgyu responds his voice shaking.

A cold breeze passed inside the cave, sending shivers down everyone's back.

"What did you see?" Taehyun asks his voice so quiet that Yeonjun could barely hear it. Beomgyu looks around, his eyes scanning everyone's faces before locking his eyes with Yeonjun who stood behind everyone else.

"Yeonjun"...
__________