12

(UNEDITED)
Yeonjun took in the hot air coming from the hot tub, this was the only time he hadn't felt cold since he's been here. The warm water wrapped around his body, covering every inch. It felt so nice almost like a warm blanket wrapped around him. The sun was starting to set but through the grey clouds, the prince could see the sunlight peeking out from behind and entering the room. He lifted his hand letting the mellow sunlight hit his hand, it was nice to finally see the sun even for just a bit. It made his fingers glow underneath its warmth, it was so beautiful.

There is a knock on the room door, "come in" Yeonjun answers putting his hand back down underneath the water.

The door opens revealing the forest guardian. The white-haired boy walked into the room closing the door behind him. "I came to check up on you," Soobin says as he stands a few feet away from Yeonjun.

"I'm feeling better," Yeonjun says leaning his back against the wall of the wooden tub. Soobin nods giving the boy a half smile.

The atmosphere became awkward as it was filled with silence from both the boys. It was almost like they had so much to say but couldn't say it out loud. They could only stand in silence.

The water moves around covering up the quietness.

Yeonjun bites the side of his cheek before turning his head over to look at his clothes that have been dried and neatly folded by Avila. He moves towards them and grabs the bag he had earlier, taking out the wrapped crabapple. He was glad that it was still in good condition and nothing happened to it during the accident. The prince moves towards Soobin, "come here" Yeonjun says softly gesturing for the boy to walk closer to him.

Soobin takes a few steps forward toward the tub and kneels next to it meeting Yeonjun's level. The prince grabs Soobin's hands placing the fruit inside the boy's hands. The guardian is quite confused and accepts the gift and unwraps it revealing the green and reddish fruit.

Soobin's eyes instantly glow upon seeing it.

"I found them while looking for wood, and I thought you might like them" Yeonjun admits looking up at Soobin with glistening eyes.

"Thank you..." Soobin lets out softly while looking up at the boy his eyes glittering with happiness.

At that moment when Soobin lifted his head, the creeping sunlight from outside hit his face, making his face glow underneath the warm and orange light. His dark brown eyes turned into a light milk chocolate color in the sun. His pale skin was sparking, he looked so beautiful.

The prince could only stare admiring the captivating boy, he was probably the most stunning person he had ever laid his eyes on. Everything about him was just so captivating. He looked like the statues from outside the castle garden, with the gold jewelry that was decorated around his neck and ears and the white gown that wrapped around his body. Upon all the princes and princesses he met, he outsold all of them by so much. It was almost like Soobin was unreal, just a dreamy figure in Yeonjun's dreams.

Yeonjun lifted his hand from underneath the water and placed it on the forest guardian's cheek, catching Soobin by surprise but the boy didn't move away. It was almost like Soobin melted into Yeonjun's touch, he didn't know how to describe it but every time the prince would touch him, he would feel a sense of warmth and it felt nice, something he had never felt in his entire life. Was this how warmth felt?

Yeonjun's hand traveled to the white-haired boy's nape pulling him closer. His hand left water residue on Soobin's face and water droplets fell to his collarbone. Yeonjun admired how the white gown that he was wearing nicely revealed the boy's detailed collarbones. "Would you mind...i-if I..." Yeonjun utters out but his words get twisted up. His mouth felt dry as he splattered his words out.