Part 6

The next morning was eerily quiet, you finished packing your trunk before breakfast which was mostly quiet until one of the twins' joke products went off turning all the cups of coffee into bejeweled boots, Ginny and your orange juice, on the other hand, remained untouched, no doubt the boys learned their lesson after the molten rodent sock incident where their socks kept melting off their feet and transforming into balls of flaming rats. It was mostly Ginny's idea she just needed your help with jinxing the socks. Had the boys not given her a piece of candy that turned her into Draco Malfoy for an entire evening, your drinks probably would have tried to disco off the table as well.

"I give up," Molly sighed as she let her drink dance out the door. "Everyone to the fireplace!"

"Come on Ron, let's go grab your trunk," you offered to your younger brother since yours was already waiting in the den.

"Can't you just apparate it down for me?"

"Just this once," you agreed since he was so worried about Harry and needed a win. In an instant, you were in the den with Ron's trunk. His rat was rummaging around on the inside, no doubt trying to claw his way into Ron's not so 'secret' candy stash. Molly went first to 'make sure it was safe' as she claimed but they all knew it was because she wanted to hug him first. Ron and Percy followed suit and then Fred and George. Arthur went right before you and Ginny.

Sure enough once you and Ginny had dusted yourselves off from the floo powders cinders there was Harry, engrossed in a large mama-bear hug. Arthur practically had to rip her off of him, which wasn't too surprising.

Percy, however, held out his hand solemnly as though he and Harry had never met and said, "Harry. How nice to see you."

"Hello, Percy," Harry stifled a laugh, unsure why Percy was taking such a demeanor towards him.

"I hope you're well?" Percy pompously questioned, shaking hands.

"Very well, thanks –"

"Harry!" Cheered Fred in an old English accent, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy –"

"Marvelous," said George as he too began speaking in a terrible accent. He rather roughly pushed Fred aside and seized Harry's hand. "Absolutely spiffing."

Percy rolled his eyes and scowled towards his idiotic brothers before stomping away.

"That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley, who handed you a slightly rusted key with the number seven crudely painted on its handle, no doubt this was for your room upstairs.

"Mum!" said Fred, as though he'd only just spotted her, and shook her hand, too. "How really corking to see you –"

"I said, that's enough," Molly ordered in a mothering tone that basically screamed 'Listen or else' she rubbed her temples with her free hand before swatting Fred and George away. You looked up the stairs to your left to see Ron holding Scampers who was desperately trying to escape from his hold as the cat Hermione was holding licked its lips, staring menacingly towards the plump rat. The two were already arguing, no doubt about Scampers 'safety' or rather the lack thereof.

"Hi, Harry!" Ginny said sweetly her freckles perfectly disguising her blush. "I'm glad you're okay,"

"Oh hello, why wouldn't I, Gin?" Harry asked with a friendly nod in your direction unaware of the effect the nickname he pawned from Ron had on the younger girl.

"Sounds like it's my turn, Come along Harry," Your father said as he ushered Harry to the only secluded area in the Leaky Cauldron. You whisked out your wand whispering a simple spell that lifted your trunk up the stairs for you. As you passed by Ron and Hermione you couldn't help but laugh with Ginny at the two. It was clear they liked each other, but they were so oblivious it was comical.

"Wait, Y/n," Ron said as you got to the top of the staircase. "Can you get mine too?"

"Ron! Don't bother your sister for something like that. Take responsibility, for once, and solve your own problems," Hermione quipped faster than you could blink, and off the two went arguing yet again.

"They've got it bad," Ginny murmured. Oddly enough, she was slightly jealous of the two, not that she'd ever admit it.

"What was that, Gin?" You teased, trying your best to sound like Harry as you said her nickname.

"Shut up," Ginny laughed as she lightly punched your arm. "I'm not the one with a boyfriend..."

"How'd you know about that?" You gasped before quickly unlocking your door and pulling her into the room. It wasn't anything too fancy, a bed with brown sheets, a pair of matching nightstands, and a sturdy desk in the corner next to another door, that probably led to the bathroom.

"You talk in your sleep," said Ginny who had plopped herself down onto your bed, "A lot..."

"I do not!" You laughed as you set your trunk down at the end of the bed, the same place where you kept it in your and Ginny's shared room back at The Burrow.

"You sure you'll be okay here tonight?" Ginny began, "I can stay with you!"

"And what if Sirius Black attacks?" You questioned with a hand on your hip and a raised brow.

"Then I've got your back!" Said Ginny whilst whipping out her wand and taking a fighting stance.

"I really appreciate it lil sis, but if you are here then Harry won't be my priority," You guiltily admitted. "It's only for one night, I'll see you on the train tomorrow morning,"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see you tomorrow," Ginny sighed. Despite the fact she knew her sister was right she still really wanted a chance to stay at the Leaky Cauldron. She had only ever stayed at a hotel while visiting Charlie in Egypt, and that was some weird muggle motel with barely enough room for everyone to be in there at once.

"Come on, let's go to Sugarplums, I'll buy you a big thing of laugh-inducing taffy," You offered knowing instantly by the way her smile lit up her face that she appreciated it.

"Really?!"

"Yeah, just don't tell Mum, she won't want you to 'ruin' dinner," You jested in your best shrill impersonation.