Three: False Awakening. Or is it?

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEP...

"Uhhh." I groan. 

BEEP BEEP BEEEP.

"Shut up already, I get it!" I say, talking to the Pikachu alarm clock as if it was the cause of all my misery. "You're lucky I like you. If your tail glowed any lesser, I would've drowned you in the toilet."

Sigh. Monday. 

Did you know that more heart attacks occur on Monday mornings than any other day of the week? Ha. Ha. Science! 

Anyway, I get out of bed and head for the floor-length mirror near the door. For some teenage hormone-induced reason, this has sorta become a habit since my first zit made an appearance at exactly a day after my thirteenth birthday. And for almost four years running, I still have a hold of it. I don't know, maybe I still check out my face for an upcoming zit invasion or maybe I was just hoping I could magically find a different person staring back - a taller, curvier, prettier, cup C me. Wooop.

So here I am, in front of the mirror. And in years, I actually try to see myself - see, not look. I've grown older since the last time I remember - really old. My eyes.. most especially my eyes - they're the same weird golden brown in the center with an aquamarine-ish edge but they kind of aged and grew weary. Funny how you can instantly know how a person truly feels when you look into their eyes. And how old their soul is.. Oh my golly! I even think like an old person now! Be calm, Adie. You're still seventeen.. seventeeeeen.

I shake my head and try to divert my attention to..my body. Hmmm. I'm a good two inches taller, I guess. I know because I developed this measuring thing that knows how tall I've grown  by standing at a precise location, a couple of inches away from the mirror. Cool, huh? So, yeah, I'm 5'4" now. Not bad. I mean for a mesomorphic body, cup B, 30-29-33 seventeen-year old, meh, not bad indeed.

Not that I'm a supeeer self-conscious, materialistic, shallow-minded label whore or anything but I just want to look my best for me. And for the unlucky guy who gets to be the father of my offspring. Which will likely be a far cry from now. Sigh...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not your average seventeen-year old girl who's uber into clothes and bags and shoes and boys and parties and booze and ugh - the list goes on. I mean, sure those stuff interest me and I get some every now and then but I'm not totally attached to it like it's a lifeline or something. I'm the kind of girl who's into books and music and kids and drawing and sports - but not the uberly manly man sports kind - and travelling and video games and, ofcourse, sleeping and eating. Phew!

"Now, what on earth is that?!" I mumble to myself , pressing my face against the mirror as much as physical matter would allow. A crescent-shaped scar is apparently coming out of nowhere, making its debut on my left temple. "What the...?"

And then a light coming from behind me reflects on the mirror and bounces to my unexpectant pupils. "Aaaaah!" I scream, simultaneously turning around. The light is moving nearer and nearer  and getting brighter - which was more annoying than the squibblish, undetected noise I was beginning to hear. "Oh my gosh! Am I being abducted?" And right when I was about to shout for help...

BAAAM! Something hit me smack in the face.

My head is heavy but I try to open my eyes - and it's kind of difficult because it's kind of puffy everywhere.

"Maria Katarina Adair! Get up alreadyyy!" mum says, sighting the pillow that just fell from my bed after bouncing off me. And just when she bends to pick it up, the full-blown intensity of the sun's rays through my window further damages my eyes. BUUUUURN, i think. "I've been talking here for a while and I'm pretty sure you haven't heard a thing, Adie. You'll be late for school if you don't leave in ten minutes."

"I'm up! I'm upppp!" I say to avoid any more wake-me-up attempts. 

After saying my morning mantras, I head for the mirror and hope I can survive the day without having a heart attack.